• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Squall and Rinoa are way more adorable than I remembered

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
1 month ago#1
The way she picks with his moodiness and slowly breaks down his wall was pretty cute. Too bad you can miss a lot of it if you don't bring her to Balamb
3DS FC: 4141-6111-4038
http://i.imgur.com/KAy7cdo.gif - so hyped http://i.imgur.com/RETdTVM.jpg

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#2
Stover46 posted...
The way she picks with his moodiness and slowly breaks down his wall was pretty cute. Too bad you can miss a lot of it if you don't bring her to Balamb

True, and you can also miss a step on the Zell love interest quest, so the party that returns to Balamb should always be Rinoa and Zell.

Plus, separating Irvine and Selphie is just bad.
Sending Quistis to die in the missile base is just a bonus.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
1 month ago#3
sano83 posted...
True, and you can also miss a step on the Zell love interest quest, so the party that returns to Balamb should always be Rinoa and Zell.

untrue. you only get a better item if zell comes with you to garden.

* Note that major plot events have to occur for the next scene to take place. The sooner you start Zell's Love Quest, the better. Just don't view the final scene in Disc 3 too early if you haven't seen some of the scenes or they will become unavailable.

* The scene you're looking for might not always appear right away on your visit to the library. You have to leave the library and go to the screen south with the directory or go north to the screen where you can access the Parking Lot, etc., then return to the library. Going back and forth at the library entrance won't work. Alternatively, try visiting the library, then advancing the plot, then returning to the library.

* You can still send Zell to the Missile Base (as opposed to taking him back to Balamb Garden for the NORG event) and still complete the quest. With Zell in your party, however, you get a better item during the NORG event when you talk to the Pigtailed Girl.

1. [Libary Rules] Talk to the Pigtailed Girl at the desk about the library rules.

(After #1, a scene with the Conceited SeeD talking to a Library Committee member at the desk can occur. This scene is repeatable, and can still be seen after other Love Quest scenes. Not sure how this one ties in or if it's necessary. He asks the Committee member if the Pigtailed Girl is around, so maybe this scene fits best before the final one if it still occurs at that time.)

2. [Pupurun] With Zell in the party, visit the library to talk to the Pigtailed Girl about Pupurun.

3. [Conceited SeeD] With Zell NOT in the party, visit the library to see the Library Committee talking about guys they like with the Conceited SeeD. (This is not the scene where the Conceited SeeD asks whether the Pigtailed Girl is around.)

4. [Irvine] In Fishermans Horizon, you can gain control of Irvine just after you select an instrument for Zell to practice. Visit the library with Irvine, and talk to the Pigtailed Girl near the Esuna draw point.

5. [Survey] With Zell in the party, visit the library and go to the very back of it. When you run back towards the entrance, two Library Committee girls with stop you and ask Zell for his favorite color and food. The answers you choose affect the "Love Compatibility" text in the next scene.

Further, certain choice combinations will allow Zell to receive 1 of a particular spell in part 6.

..........RED.....BLUE.......PINK
BEEF......Meteor..Scan.......Demi
FISH......Triple..Holy.......Ultima
HOT.DOGS..Shell...Full-Life..Zombie

6. [Fortune-telling] With Zell in the party, visit the Esuna draw point in the library to hear the Pigtailed Girl and two Library Committee members use Zell's answers in a fortune-telling book. This is the scene where you can see the "Love Meter", "Love Compatibility", and "Love Spot". Love Meter is determined by how many times you visited the library. For five stars, it needs to be at least 51.

7. [Final] Finally, with Zell in the party, visit the library to find out the Pigtailed Girl is looking for you. Next, go to Balamb Town and find a girl at the entrance (if you walked into town) or at the train station (if you took the train), who tells you about a girl looking for you. Visit Zell's ma and she says something about a girl looking for him. Then spend the night at Balamb Hotel and find Zell downstairs talking to the Pigtailed Girl. If you have completed all the scenes and got five stars on the Love Meter, you will be able to see their entire conversation.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."

User Info: Dissidia_Crazed

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#4
I've always liked the pairing; don't care what anyone says. You can see them kind of start to rub off on each other later in the game, too.
My signature does not define me. It is just a signature.

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
1 month ago#5
Dissidia_Crazed posted...
I've always liked the pairing; don't care what anyone says. You can see them kind of start to rub off on each other later in the game, too.
Yeah, it definitely doesn't come out of nowhere like some people claim
3DS FC: 4141-6111-4038
http://i.imgur.com/KAy7cdo.gif - so hyped http://i.imgur.com/RETdTVM.jpg

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#6
Stover46 posted...

Squall never outright states how he feels on things. But his thoughts throughout the game show how he is changing, mentally and emotionally; it's literally right there in front of the player the entire time.

I always viewed his "sudden interest in Rinoa" as the definition of "you never realize what you have until it's gone". For some reason, with FFVIII, all of these things people say all the time are completely brushed aside. I don't get it.

User Info: Quistis04

Quistis04
1 month ago#7
The chemistry with Squall and Rinoa is completely nonexistent and your garden variety middle school crush, felt more by the girl. Of course your typical anime geek disagrees, but it's ok because that is the games targeted audience. Rinoa would be the girl for me if I was Japanese or Asian. Problem with this relationship is that Squall is a real man and will outgrow her soon. This is where the titillating Quistis comes in.

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#8
Quistis04 posted...
The chemistry with Squall and Rinoa is completely nonexistent and your garden variety middle school crush, felt more by the girl. Of course your typical anime geek disagrees, but it's ok because that is the games targeted audience. Rinoa would be the girl for me if I was Japanese or Asian. Problem with this relationship is that Squall is a real man and will outgrow her soon. This is where the titillating Quistis comes in.

This guy is a heavily biased and extreme sex-crazed loon. I mean, look at his username -- and literally every post he makes is about sex with Quistis. I wouldn't take him seriously. Best just to either ignore it, or laugh it off -- just a forewarning.

I usually ignore it, but this time I'm laughing it off.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#9
Quistis04 posted...
Of course your typical anime geek disagrees

What is the difference again of being an anime geek and liking a japanese game that pretty much is an anime so much that you put the name of one of the cast members in the username again?

If what you are saying is that I like vanilla stories, then I can confirm that.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: Mwahahakekeke

Mwahahakekeke
1 month ago#10
Stover46 posted...

It comes out of nowhere if you never use Rinoa in your party and act like a jerk towards her whenever possible.
PSN, Twitter: whats_up_jiji
YouTube: youtube.com/user/keekers86
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Squall and Rinoa are way more adorable than I remembered
  • Topic Archived