• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Am I ready for "Disc 4"?

User Info: Zenny962

Zenny962
1 month ago#1
Hey, so I've levelled uo all of my party members and GF's to Level 100. I've also learned all of the GF's default abilities. I haven't dabbled in teaching them new abilities or deleting useless abilities via items yet. I've collected every rare one of a kind card aside from Odin, because I'm saving him for "Disc 4" (for Angelo Search reasons). I'm missing a few uncommon cards (maybe 5) that you can win infinite amounts of. I've done the CC Card Quest at Balamb Garden, the Obel Lake, the Chocobo Forest Quest, Pupu, miserables, Shumi Village quest, Deep Sea Research Centre, etc.

I'm wondering if playing cards with the "All" trade rule against players that give out good cards is a better means of getting rare items/magic spells than battling enemies with the Rare item ability equipped, using the infinite Gil trick, mugging, using Devour, Carding enemies, etc? Is playing cards useful at this point in the game or are there better options? BTW I will refine all of my rare cards if they have items I want once I'm done with everything and am about to fight Ultimecia...

I kind of want to take a break from grinding. Would it be okay to go to the Lunatic Pandora and fight Adel given the info that I have provided? Also, which playing rules and trading rules do the CC Card Group on the Ragnarok "Disc 4" and Queen Of Cards "Disc 4" use? Thanks!

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#2
Rare Item is bugged. It is only good for specific battles, and I dont remember wich ones.

Did you get Eden?

You could do angelo search now, get all the items you want to get, get Odin, and continue with the game.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

Zenny962
1 month ago#3
sano83 posted...
Rare Item is bugged. It is only good for specific battles, and I dont remember wich ones.

Did you get Eden?

You could do angelo search now, get all the items you want to get, get Odin, and continue with the game.

I have all the GF's and they're all levelled up to 100. I can always do Angelo Search on "Disc 4" while I'm sleeping... Turtapods are on "Disc 4", right? I've always fought them in Esthar, but they can appear on the overworked of Esthar as well, right?

Can anyone answer my question about the CC Group's and Queen Of Card's trading/game rules on "Disc 4?" Also, is collecting cards necessary at this point or can I obtain rare items, magic through other means? Am I ready for "Disc 4" based on everything I have explained in my two posts?

sano83
1 month ago#4
Zenny962 posted...
I have all the GF's and they're all levelled up to 100. I can always do Angelo Search on "Disc 4" while I'm sleeping... Turtapods are on "Disc 4", right? I've always fought them in Esthar, but they can appear on the overworked of Esthar as well, right?

They should appear there.

Zenny962 posted...
Can anyone answer my question about the CC Group's and Queen Of Card's trading/game rules on "Disc 4?" Also, is collecting cards necessary at this point or can I obtain rare items, magic through other means? Am I ready for "Disc 4" based on everything I have explained in my two posts?

I dont know the updated list of angelo search finds.
You can probably get everything by doing it instead of playing cards.

User Info: Eretrad

Eretrad
1 month ago#5
sano83 posted...

Wait what? Was this true back in the original FF8?

I had no idea....

Zenny962
1 month ago#6
Can anyone answer my question more in depth? Many of my questions have been ignored. In particular, I'd really like to know what the trade rules/game rules are for Queen Of Cards and the CC Group on disc 4...

sano83
1 month ago#7
Eretrad posted...
sano83 posted...

Wait what? Was this true back in the original FF8?

I had no idea....

Yes, it was always bugged.

Well, not so much as bugged, but it lowers the chance to get the most rare item to 0.

Here is a topic with the explanation.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197343-final-fantasy-viii/53190396

User Info: U_J

U_J
1 month ago#8
You need to abolish random and plus from Trabia and spread open.

CC Diamond uses Trabia rules and trade

I would have saved PuPu for easier Angelo Searches in Disc 4, and also the Deep Sea Research for fixed encounters. If you’re looking for a grindable disc 4.

And can’t remember if you put it down but don’t forget the Obel lake mystery.

User Info: hizumi84

hizumi84
1 month ago#9
Zenny962 posted...
Can anyone answer my question more in depth? Many of my questions have been ignored. In particular, I'd really like to know what the trade rules/game rules are for Queen Of Cards and the CC Group on disc 4...

QoC uses ALL Region rules at random and each of CC Group uses each specific Region rule for every member.
Dying is easy, living is harder

User Info: blackthunder329

blackthunder329
1 month ago#10
Good luck with the Omega Weapon fight. Level 100 party is highly recommended to stay away from for this game because the enemies level with you, and Omega is a good 30+ minute fight at that level. I've had one battle take over two hours.
PSN Name Black-Thunder3
There are cheats for pc games??- cheatermaster
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Am I ready for "Disc 4"?
  • Topic Archived