• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Best way to get 1000 enemies and 100 draws

User Info: Fangfire

Fangfire
6 days ago#1
Last trophies I need, and I want to do it efficiently as possible. I think I have a lot of kills left which sucks. I already beat the game -.- should have been 500 enemies.

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega
6 days ago#2
The beach near Timber or Dollet will always have 3 enemies, so that's probably the best place to go for the last 500. You could try Cactuar Island, which can have anywhere from the rare 1 to rare 4, but is usually 2 or 3 per battle. Iirc there are two draw trophies, one for enemies and one for draw points. I would probably go back and forth between the Island Closest to Heaven and Island Closest to Hell for draw points. Just get rid of the stuff that shows up there. It's been a few years, but iirc you can get Ultima, Meteor, Holy, Full-Life. Probably some others I'm forgetting. If you need enemy draws, I'm not sure end game. I got that trophy at the beginning with Quistis and Squall drawing 100 of every magic that Bite Bugs, Glacial Eye, Fastitocalon and Caterpichillar have. I guess you could just delete all the basic magics and go back there to draw them.
FC: 1865-2265-6694 IGN: Coma
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#3
shinryu_omega posted...
The beach near Timber or Dollet will always have 3 enemies, so that's probably the best place to go for the last 500. You could try Cactuar Island, which can have anywhere from the rare 1 to rare 4, but is usually 2 or 3 per battle.

This, but want to point out, that if you are not fast enough to beat them, cactuars can run away.
People (that can stand him) use Irvine doing one of the limits that hit all enemies.

shinryu_omega posted...
Iirc there are two draw trophies, one for enemies and one for draw points. I would probably go back and forth between the Island Closest to Heaven and Island Closest to Hell for draw points. Just get rid of the stuff that shows up there. It's been a few years, but iirc you can get Ultima, Meteor, Holy, Full-Life.

There is also Triple and Flare. In the Island closes to Heaven there is Quake.

You can discard magic you have but dont want (for example, to make room to draw more) by pressing Square on the spell in the menu, and chosing to discard it.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

sano83
6 days ago#4
Also, if you have the battle metter, and you have it upgraded, you can check how many enemies you beat (it count all the enemies you beat with all your characters), to see how long you have till finish the achievement.

User Info: Matty0289

Matty0289
6 days ago#5
I finished the 1000 enemy trophy today, which is all I needed for Platinum, which was done on Disc 4 as well. Take the "Second Portal" going up the chain to Ultimecia' Castle. And there's a forest up by Dollet. It spawns 3 enemies at a time. It's either 3 Funguar. Or 1 Funguar, 1 Wendigo, and 1 Something else.

I turned on x3 Speed + used R3 for once (Unlimited Limit Breaks). Rinoa + Irvine was in my party & a main character I used.

So I skipped Squall's turn, used Rinoa's "Angelo Limit", which always turned out to be Angelo Cannon (9999) each enemy hit. It insta-killed the Funguars. And then I'd use 2 bullets from Irvine's "Fire Ammo", to kill the remaining 2 enemies at once if it wasn't the 3 Funguar group.
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf

sano83
6 days ago#6
Matty0289 posted...
So I skipped Squall's turn, used Rinoa's "Angelo Limit", which always turned out to be Angelo Cannon (9999) each enemy hit. It insta-killed the Funguars

You could have switch Rinoa and Squall junctions, so Rinoa would be faster and you wouldnt need to skip the turn.

Or you could have give Rinoa the character junction Initiative.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Best way to get 1000 enemies and 100 draws
  • Post New Message