• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. So to farm AP and not EXP you use "Card" on enemies?

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 month ago#11
geckodogma posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
So if you hit them and get EXP, but you're trying not to get EXP, how/what is the best way to farm AP then?
Use Quistis' Micro Missiles limit break, then Card.

While "Fist" icon on the lower left of the screen is turned on. It's useful to overpower enemies!
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
1 month ago#12
MMX377 posted...
Just tested this game and turned out that you're right. I didn't know this. I played the game before. For 20 years, and I didn't know this. I'm so silly.

My bad.
To be fair, I only noticed it when it actually happened to me during my "avoid EXP" run!
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
1 month ago#13
Thanks for the replies. I get it now, (it was clearly written for me but I misunderstood) carding = no exp. Got it.

Thanks guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo

User Info: cazza_mr

cazza_mr
1 month ago#14
You cant Card human enemies that's where Break comes in
Psn profile - cazzamr
Trophys platinum-15, gold-143, silver-581, bronze-2911, total-3650

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
1 month ago#15
Can i use this card mechanic for most of the game ? I am lvl 9 atm and would like to fight all the bosses at low level.

still before the exam carding enemies and playing triad, have my summons AP stuff maxed so far basically on the initial 3 summons
VII Remake Hype

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#16
CRIMSON-XIII posted...
Can i use this card mechanic for most of the game ? I am lvl 9 atm and would like to fight all the bosses at low level.

still before the exam carding enemies and playing triad, have my summons AP stuff maxed so far basically on the initial 3 summons

Yes, you can use it for all the game.
But there is no need to, since you will very close to the moment you are in get an item called Magic Lamp, this will summon a GF called Diablos, which you can beat.
Once you do that, you can learn Enc-Half and Enc-None.
When you junction Enc-None, you will not find random enemies. You will only deal with the scripted fights (mostly in the second disk).
And when you have the vehicle, you can go fight the cactuar enemies, that give very little XP for 20 AP each (you can find up to 4 of them in a fight).
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: CRIMSON-XIII

CRIMSON-XIII
1 month ago#17
i have the ps4 cheat for no encounters as well tbh. That is not an issue. I just think the cards are valuable for some spells
VII Remake Hype
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. So to farm AP and not EXP you use "Card" on enemies?
  • Topic Archived