• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Any "traditions" you do while playing?

User Info: Spadamack23

Spadamack23
1 week ago#1
For instance, I always press circle for Zell, Quistis, and Selphie when they attack, similar to hitting R1 with Squall. I also ALWAYS junction Diablos and Ifirit to Squall, Quezacotl to Zell, Shiva to Quistis, Siren and Brothers to Selphie, Doomtrain to Irvine and Carbuncle to Rinoa. Not sure why, but I have always done these things since the ps1 days. Also, the first abilities I learn are boost when I get a GF (if they have it).

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 week ago#2
I modify the hell out of the GF, making Diablos have all the junction skills and junction it to the party leader.
I divide the others.

I play a crapload of cards.
I dont use Irvine unless I have to, or I am leveling up. I loathe everything about him.
I always send Quistis and Irvine to die in the missile base.
I make the GF forget boost and SumMag+ XX% abilities, as well as the GFHP+XX% ones.
I cast Scan on every enemy at least once (not once per battle, like I cast Scan in a Bite Bug, and that works for the whole game).
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
1 week ago#3
1) Get MiniMog card before fighting Ifrit.

2) Mod all of the weaker cards to items for magic refinement.

3) Always include Rinoa in the party when travelling back to Balamb Garden in Disc 2.

4) I used to always get Odin before Disc 3. Nowadays, I will always skip Odin until the end of the game.
PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/LJXnb8 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
1 week ago#4
I always get as many cards as I can before leaving Balamb. You can get all the cards up to level 5 and Ifrit, Minimog, and Quistis before reaching Timber. Not sure why I do this though...

User Info: Siegfriedl88

Siegfriedl88
1 week ago#5
my tradition is me just being lazy
i have my main party of squall, rinoa and zell
and my back up party quistis, sephie, and irvine...i just junction swap squall/quistis, rinoa/sephie and zell/irvine, so i dont think have to think that much, so whenever they separate, i party them together.

the most annoying part is switching too laguna, and i have too rejunction all over again aside from squall >.<
Playing Atm : Catherine: Full Body(Ps4),Atelier Iris 2 : Azoth of destiny(ps2), Grandia 2 HD (switch), Evenicle (PC)

User Info: TaijutsuJoshua

TaijutsuJoshua
1 week ago#6
Always get disc 1 lionheart
I love the Final Fantasy games. I despise the fanbase.
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558
-get all level 1-5 cards before leaving Balamb

-card mod anything “extra” but never down to 0 (no modding rare cards)

-only refine/junction first level spells until end of disc 1, start refining/junctioning -aga spells end of disk 2, higher level magic reserved for end of disk 3

-do all side quests the moment they become available (including QoC)

-always send Rinoa to the garden on Disc 2

-always complete the Zell romance “quest”
"He is sleeping with the ultimate failure"
-Chris Redfield

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
1 week ago#8
Balamb's music kind of makes me think about the high school days, so I just chill for a bit reminiscing.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
1 week ago#9
ChrisRedfield77 posted...
-get all level 1-5 cards before leaving Balamb

-card mod anything “extra” but never down to 0 (no modding rare cards)

-only refine/junction first level spells until end of disc 1, start refining/junctioning -aga spells end of disk 2, higher level magic reserved for end of disk 3

-do all side quests the moment they become available (including QoC)

-always send Rinoa to the garden on Disc 2

-always complete the Zell romance “quest”

This is probably my only tradition. I like keeping and collecting all the cards.
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: Mogryking

Mogryking
1 week ago#10
Xell always has Quezacotl
Monsterhunter Mistery Dungeon Moggwa-24.3.2016 (._.)
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17419471/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Any "traditions" you do while playing?
  • Post New Message