• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Angelo Search: Observational Findings

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
4 weeks ago#21
Got Rinoa back from the Soceress Memorial, already read the Pet No.5, and made Rinoa in the party, walking around the outfield with x3 mode, and finally learned Angelo Search.

Okay, I had Rinoa and Quistis with me. went in and battle a Turtapod. I used Quistis' Bad Breath on it. When the turtle put up a defense mode, I immediately cured it with antiode and was waiting for Angelo Search.

It's been 3 or 4 hours. I ended the battle and look what I got now:

3 Status Guard
Mog's Amulet
And other items and other GF abilities like Force Amulet or something.

I'll keep searching more and may post here for update. Maybe not.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: C4rnif3X

C4rnif3X
4 weeks ago#22
I've been trying to get a Ribbon for the past couple days now, about 4-5 hour sessions. I've got about 5 cookpots, 2 Mogs, a bunch of other rare GF ability drops, but no Ribbons. Super annoying.. Only thing I really want so I can farm Marlboros for the spirit devour without having to worry.

User Info: petef20

petef20
4 weeks ago#23
C4rnif3X posted...
I've been trying to get a Ribbon for the past couple days now, about 4-5 hour sessions. I've got about 5 cookpots, 2 Mogs, a bunch of other rare GF ability drops, but no Ribbons. Super annoying.. Only thing I really want so I can farm Marlboros for the spirit devour without having to worry.

Have you not got St-defx4? With that you should be able to junction enough status magic to be ok for Marlboro fights. All you really need is immunity to berserk and confuse (maybe sleep too if you don't want to rely on getting hit) and give them either "Item" or "Treatment" ability to cure the other characters and you're golden. :)

User Info: C4rnif3X

C4rnif3X
4 weeks ago#24
petef20 posted...
C4rnif3X posted...

Have you not got St-defx4? With that you should be able to junction enough status magic to be ok for Marlboro fights. All you really need is immunity to berserk and confuse (maybe sleep too if you don't want to rely on getting hit) and give them either "Item" or "Treatment" ability to cure the other characters and you're golden. :)

Yep, I got all that. It's just the way i'm trying to speed farm them it doesn't work to well.

I have two Kamikaze members who hit for 60k each.. With one member left I have stat-def x4 with Pain, Confuse, Beserek, and Sleep. But I still get Breaked and have a time limit to sucessfully devour it. I have it all planned out in terms of how much dmg I have to dish out after I kamikaze it, but sometimes the devour doesn't work right away and i'm on that time limit on x3 speed. So ya, a Ribbon would be great lol.

I know it's all pointless, but i'm just grinding stats for the hell of it. Going to see how fast I can demolish Omega this time around haha.

User Info: petef20

petef20
4 weeks ago#25
C4rnif3X posted...
petef20 posted...
C4rnif3X posted...

Yep, I got all that. It's just the way i'm trying to speed farm them it doesn't work to well.

I have two Kamikaze members who hit for 60k each.. With one member left I have stat-def x4 with Pain, Confuse, Beserek, and Sleep. But I still get Breaked and have a time limit to sucessfully devour it. I have it all planned out in terms of how much dmg I have to dish out after I kamikaze it, but sometimes the devour doesn't work right away and i'm on that time limit on x3 speed. So ya, a Ribbon would be great lol.

I know it's all pointless, but i'm just grinding stats for the hell of it. Going to see how fast I can demolish Omega this time around haha.

Impressive to have it that well planned! :) Yeah can see that Ribbon would be very useful for that then

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
4 weeks ago#26
At least I got Friendship and Hero-trial for many hours after I fled UFO battle. Will do Angelo search with UFO battle again.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: Missable_Item

Missable_Item
4 weeks ago#27
100 plus hours of Angelo searching on the switch version and no mog amulet😂😂 Whatever!! I’m past giving a damn at this point.

User Info: Polarzero

Polarzero
4 weeks ago#28
Has anybody gotten the Chocobo's Tag from Searching? Can't see it mentioned in any posts so far.

I've gotten the Hero-Trial, Hungry Cookpot, Friendship, Mog's Amulet and Ribbon, so this is the only item I am now lacking in my pursuit of a perfect file (bar the used up Girl Next Door, Solomon's Ring and Magical Lamp).

User Info: Transformers27

Transformers27
4 weeks ago#29
Polarzero posted...
Has anybody gotten the Chocobo's Tag from Searching? Can't see it mentioned in any posts so far.

I've gotten the Hero-Trial, Hungry Cookpot, Friendship, Mog's Amulet and Ribbon, so this is the only item I am now lacking in my pursuit of a perfect file (bar the used up Girl Next Door, Solomon's Ring and Magical Lamp).

Haven't seen anyone mention Chocobo Tag here so I think it's even rarer. I'm missing this and Mog's Amulet. Got a feeling I can't get a second copy of Magical Lamp since I used the one I got.

User Info: Attilus1352

Attilus1352
4 weeks ago#30
At least 100 hours searching, and have only gotten about half the items listed under CW items in the FAQ. Either the regular Angelo Search items mess up getting some of the CW items, or they just did not add them. Only looking at the code for Angelo search will determine exactly what items are available, and hopefully understand how the RNG works for this as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Angelo Search: Observational Findings
  • Post New Message