• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Angelo Search: Observational Findings

User Info: DungNgo88

DungNgo88
1 month ago#11
I never waste a slot for Ribbon. I always feel that SttDef x4 is enough. Confuse, berserk, sleep and death are the only statuses you need to be immuned to, because they make you lose control of your characters. Every other statuses can be Remedied or Esuna easily
FF Exvius ID: 219 504 582

User Info: U_J

U_J
1 month ago#12
I know, but... but the ribbons!!

I’ve got 3 now.

The other CW items I got were:

Friendship (11)
Mog’s Amulet (2)

I’m guessing Mog’s Amulet has the same RNG% as the Ribbon does. It’s either that or lower... I didn’t even spot it or remember it until I was checking up on items properly. Was focusing on the Ribbon.

5 Hungry Cookpots for comparison. About 70hrs of Angelo Searching.

About to check them tapes because I captured clips with the intentions of editing them into a video to explain all this in the remaster. If I see and use the pattern you posted, can I include all that? Full credit where it’s due of course

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
1 month ago#13
has any of this influence your buddy boco?
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"

User Info: Attilus1352

Attilus1352
1 month ago#14
U_J posted...
I know, but... but the ribbons!!

I’ve got 3 now.

The other CW items I got were:

Friendship (11)
Mog’s Amulet (2)

I’m guessing Mog’s Amulet has the same RNG% as the Ribbon does. It’s either that or lower... I didn’t even spot it or remember it until I was checking up on items properly. Was focusing on the Ribbon.

5 Hungry Cookpots for comparison. About 70hrs of Angelo Searching.

About to check them tapes because I captured clips with the intentions of editing them into a video to explain all this in the remaster. If I see and use the pattern you posted, can I include all that? Full credit where it’s due of course

Go right ahead. And I need no credit. Just wanted to let others know what I found. Hopefully others can use this info on how Angelo Search works in this version considering the old way of manipulation as mentioned in the FAQ does not appear to be working. I am not sure in this version whether or not we can still manipulate the items we get, but I am quite sure we may be able to find a way to make it a lot quicker.

As a side note, I too have been doing it for about the same amount of time and have acquired only a few of the items listed from CW. Rare items I have so far are 7 Heros, 8 Aegis Amulets, 8 Status Guards, 9 hungry Cookpots, 5 Friendships, 2 Mogs Amulets. and 4 Ribbons. Still have yet to see any "Stat up" items and things like Dark Matter, Shaman/Rosetta stones, and any of highest end GF abilities (Accelerators, Royal Crowns, Diamond Armors, etc..). I am not really complaining though considering what I have gotten so far.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Reflear

Reflear
4 weeks ago#15
More than 10h of Angelo Searching and i don't have got a single Mog's Amulet...

Alot of Friendship Item and 3 Ribbons but 0 Mog's Amulet :\
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2767-0315-3250

User Info: Attilus1352

Attilus1352
4 weeks ago#16
Reflear posted...
More than 10h of Angelo Searching and i don't have got a single Mog's Amulet...

Alot of Friendship Item and 3 Ribbons but 0 Mog's Amulet :\

I didn't see my first Mogs Amulet until about the 30 hour mark of searching (overnight searching). I don't at this time fully understand the RNG in this. As you can see in my first post of this thread, I got absolutely nothing CW related (5 hours straight), yet the next time I tried (for 1 hour only), I got 4 CW rare items. Most of the searches seem to give you at least 1 or 2 CW rare items within the first hour (confused turapod method). Why not try half hour/1 hour searches at a time (with doing something like going into a town and speaking/playing cards or anything action related to change where the RNG is currently at) and see if that makes a difference.

User Info: Missable_Item

Missable_Item
4 weeks ago#17
I have 2 ribbons, 7 hungry cookpots, 3 friendships after about 60 hours Angelo searching and yet that damned mog amulet hasn’t shown up once yet!!

User Info: Reflear

Reflear
4 weeks ago#18
Missable_Item posted...
I have 2 ribbons, 7 hungry cookpots, 3 friendships after about 60 hours Angelo searching and yet that damned mog amulet hasn’t shown up once yet!!

i had problem to get those too.... tonight after 8h of farming i finnaly got 2... now i can go to disc 4 finnaly
Nintendo 3DS FC: 2767-0315-3250

User Info: Missable_Item

Missable_Item
4 weeks ago#19
Reflear posted...
i had problem to get those too.... tonight after 8h of farming i finnaly got 2... now i can go to disc 4 finnaly

Nice job!! 😊😊 It’s crazy how random it is though imo, would have worked better if the items you obtained from Angelo searching were ticked off a list gradually (so you got potions first and good items later) instead of having to hope for random items to show up with obscenely low odds.

User Info: Transformers27

Transformers27
4 weeks ago#20
The reason I'm even still letting Angelo digging around is because I need these 4 items where I can't get anywhere else cos I'm trying to get as many unique on my item list:

1. Friendship
2. Ribbon
3. Mog's Amulet
4. Hungry Cookpot

Got the first 2 and even that after around 10++ hours. Got so many Aegis Amulet, Jet Engine and Occult Fan II ffs. They're cool but wish the RnG can give me something I haven't have yet....
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Angelo Search: Observational Findings
  • Post New Message