• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Overall: Who is better girlfriend material? Quistis or Rinoa?(spoils)
topic

I think Quistis got shortchanged and is better as a love interest than Rinoa. Here's why.

1. Looked out for Squall since the beginning of the game.

2. Has a job.

3. Way better looking.

4. Did not date Seifer.

5. Way better dresser.

6. Uses a whip and not a nerf toy. In battle

Don't buckle to agenda-splainers. Form your own opinion.
PlayStation 4 - "Censorship Awaits."

User Info: RoboFish

RoboFish
1 week ago#2
What about Ifrit? The game says Ifrit is my GF.

User Info: BrosukeHanamura

BrosukeHanamura
1 week ago#3
RoboFish posted...
What about Ifrit? The game says Ifrit is my GF.

I....I....well played.

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
1 week ago#4
1 True
2 True
3 Very true (Rinoa looks like a 12 year old)
4 Surprised Squall would want to touch anything that's been near Seifer.
5 Rinoas design is all right but again, true
6 True
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 week ago#5
Rinoa, by far.

Rinoa is the best female character in the franchise. Quistis is one of the worst 3 characters inthe franchise (the other two being Irvine and Amarant, in that order).

R1 - Rinoa is not a SeeD, but is strong enough to be compared with mercenaries that trained for years.
R2 - Rinoa is willing to fight for the independence of a country that it is not hers, against her country.
R3 - Rinoa have a dog.
R4 - Rinoa is a pacifist, willing to put herself in risk to complete a mission in a paceful way.
Once she becomes one of the most powerful beings in the world (story wise), she decides that it is ok for Esthar people to freeze them, just so she cant do any damage to regular people.
R5 - Way better looking.
R6 - Is filthy rich, and by anything but name is a princess.
R7 - She likes someone, she goes and tell him. She doesnt force the guy to go to where the students go to be naughty, "to talk about her feelings about being a failure".
R8 - It is an excelent dancing teacher.

Now, lets review Quistis.
Q1 - Worse looking.
Q2 - Drops her post in the most important mission of the gardens up to that point, to say something that can be said 15 min after the mission.
Q3 - Fails to understand Seifer or Squall, despite knowing them for years.
Q4 - Is completely ok abusing her power to force the guy she is hot for in the place where students go to pork.
Q5 - Have at least 5 characters that are willing to lick her boots, but go bother the one that she knows doesnt give a crap.
Q6 - Have bad breath.
Q7 - Try to mask her totally crush on Squall with "brotherly love".
Q8 - Is one of the worst blue mages in the franchise.
Q9 - The only time she did something right was where in Timber tell Squall where the party should go, acting superior, even if is her fault that the party is in problems at that point.
[Your hair is winter, fire january embers,
my heart burns there too.]
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
1 week ago#6
sano83 posted...
Rinoa, by far.

Rinoa is the best female character in the franchise. Quistis is one of the worst 3 characters inthe franchise (the other two being Irvine and Amarant, in that order).

Rinoa is not a SeeD, but is strong enough to be compared with mercenaries that trained for years.
Rinoa is willing to fight for the independence of a country that it is not hers, against her country.
Rinoa have a dog.
Rinoa is a pacifist, willing to put herself in risk to complete a mission in a paceful way.
Once she becomes one of the most powerful beings in the world (story wise), she decides that it is ok for Esthar people to freeze them, just so she cant do any damage to regular people.
Way better looking.
Is filthy rich, and by anything but name is a princess.
She likes someone, she goes and tell him.
It is an excelent dancing teacher.

Now, lets review Quistis.
Worse looking.
Drops her post in the most important mission of the gardens up to that point, to say something that can be said 15 min after the mission.
Fails to understand Seifer or Squall, despite knowing them for years.
Is completely ok abusing her power to force the guy she is hot for in the place where students go to pork.
Have at least 5 characters that are willing to lick her boots, but go bother the one that she knows doesnt give a crap.
Have bad breath.
Try to mask her totally crush on Squall with "brotherly love".
Is one of the worst blue mages in the franchise.
The only time she did something right was where in Timber tell Squall where the party should go, acting superior, even if is her fault that the party is in problems at that point.

Totally, 100% agree.

Rinoa is just a terrific female lead.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

BrosukeHanamura
1 week ago#7
WhiteBaitKent posted...
1 True
2 True
3 Very true (Rinoa looks like a 12 year old)
4 Surprised Squall would want to touch anything that's been near Seifer.
5 Rinoas design is all right but again, true
6 True

Her dating Seifer alone was enough for me to dislike her. She seems like she would get bored with Squall and would cheat and cuck Squall by having rough degrading sex with Seifer behind his back.

The fact that she had interest in Seifer supports this.

User Info: RoboFish

RoboFish
1 week ago#8
BrosukeHanamura posted...

Her dating Seifer alone was enough for me to dislike her. She seems like she would get bored with Squall and would cheat and cuck Squall by having rough degrading sex with Seifer behind his back.

That's oddly specific. You alright?

BrosukeHanamura
1 week ago#9
RoboFish posted...
That's oddly specific. You alright?

Yep. I see the patterns. And she's also a teenager so the bad boy daddy persona is something she wants.

Squall is socially awkward and good looking but once the fairy tail phase wears off she will require something more.

Cue Seifer and Rinoa having weird fifty shades or grey sex and Rinoas guilt turning into pleasure of her infidelity.

*drinks beer*
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#10
Quistis is mommy
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Overall: Who is better girlfriend material? Quistis or Rinoa?(spoils)
  • Topic Closed