• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Rosetta Stone trick for Prison Player in Disc 2

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#21
optimusmart posted...
And all for a measly extra ability slot

It is not a measly extra ability slot.
It is an ability slot way earlier than it should, which means that you can start leveling up mid disk 2 (when you get Leviathan).

But yeah, you find 2 of them in the game, one in disk 3 and another in disk 4. Plus Bahamut comes with this ability by default, so technically, you dont actually need one. But by that logic, you dont actually need to draw any GF from bosses up to disk 4.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#22
Oh yea, dony get me wrong, you get it way earlier. I just mean its nothing groundbreaking

Getting 180 Triples after the Dollet mission is groundbreaking, but getting a extra ability slot during the prison isnt really.

And getting the 180 Triples takes no practice, but getting the Rosetta Stone does.

Thanks, guess I will just hold on till later then.
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here

User Info: ChrisRedfield77

ChrisRedfield77
4 weeks ago#23
I got one just by playing the dude a few times.
"He is sleeping with the ultimate failure"
-Chris Redfield

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
4 weeks ago#24
ChrisRedfield77 posted...

Thats because your Chris Redfield

I played him a few times and got some Eye Drops
If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here

User Info: ChrisRedfield77

ChrisRedfield77
4 weeks ago#25
optimusmart posted...

Thats because your Chris Redfield

I played him a few times and got some Eye Drops

Hey, man, I got some of those too.
"He is sleeping with the ultimate failure"
-Chris Redfield

User Info: kratozero

kratozero
4 weeks ago#26
More recommendations:

1.- Don't give up, it is very easy to do, just follow the directions Breloomy_ gives above, they are consistent with what I did.

2.- On the first frame of floor 11 I actually moved the direction after my 3rd character disappeared from the screen, this consistently helped me.

3.- I did not use Speed x3 in any of my runs(saving a lot of time doing this anyway, a few seconds won't matter).

4.- I actually pulled this off with a Vita doing remote play 2 rooms away from my PS4 as well as on the PS4 itself.

5.- Practice a lot and learn to tell when you made a good time moving through screens before actually attempting it.

6.- Count aloud the times you say no to the guy.

7.- I personally closed the game each time I attempted the run and got Rosetta Stones consistently, I am uncertain as to whether this helps or not because I have read that it is possible to just soft-reset.
There are no JRPGs or WRPGs; only good or bad RPGs.
Playing: Red Dead Redemption 2, CTR:NF, Pokemon SoulSilver, Pokemon Go.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#27

I just play him a lot of times until I get the items I want. He gives some stat up, phoenix pinion or something. And then I play the other one, which also can give a couple of cool things.

But runing around the prision for him to drop something specific is something so incredible boring that I dont see myself doing.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Rosetta Stone trick for Prison Player in Disc 2
  • Topic Archived