• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Ifrit, Shiva, Selphie and Edea are censored?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#331
Optimist_Pryme posted...
What I *do* recall from that time-period (and a large amount of it was before I was Christian, I noticed it and was shocked even while non-religious) was atheism making a full assault on religion. They suddenly tried to abolish the Commandments from courthouses, wanted to yank down any display seen as religious, even wanted to ban Christmas and the ability to say Merry Christmas (a centuries old tradition celebrated even by non-Christians). Then ironically after chasing out a lot of religion, they then wanted atheism to be recognized as a religion (when it even means the belief in no religion) to benefit in the religious protections that they worked to strip from so many other instances, even so far as getting statues of satan placed outside of courthouses. -_-

The banning Merry Christmas thing is the classic straw man argument, perversely changing it from something of joy into a snide Christian supremacist sneering boast. The fact is theocrats like Mike Huckabee (unless he changed since I last looked him up) far outnumber people who want to ban religion.

Religious commandments have no place in a court house.

By de facto theocracy I was talking about attempts, some successful, to use religion as an excuse for bigoted legislation. It took the Supreme Court to kick malicious backward state governments out of private bedrooms.

Religion is a private matter, and has no place as dominion in law. Having to tolerate the existence of same sex marriage and the law defending people from malicious bigots isn't oppression.

User Info: WT_Neptune

WT_Neptune
1 month ago#332
They're not damn pubes lol
As long as there are humans, the irrational will find its voice and means of spreading
MK11: SZ/Frost; SamSho: Sogetsu; SmUlt: Greninja; SFV: Kolin; BBCF: Jin

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
1 month ago#333
Let's just end the conversation here, this isn't going anywhere.

I'm tired and I'm sure everyone else is tired of this topic now.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
1 month ago#334
Kaliesto posted...
Let's just end the conversation here, this isn't going anywhere.

I'm tired and I'm sure everyone else is tired of this topic now.

Sounds good to me.
(message deleted)

User Info: xDissidiax

xDissidiax
3 weeks ago#336
I got a refund for this game I do not buy or support censorship. Unless you’re an sjw.

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
3 weeks ago#337

xDissidiax
Veteran
User Since: Oct 2013
Active Posts: 2

s*** post on your main next time.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: final_burst

final_burst
2 weeks ago#338
Censorship to please losers. The problem in principle is the argument, not because any of us give a god damn about them being covered up.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Ifrit, Shiva, Selphie and Edea are censored?
  • Post New Message