• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
1 month ago#31
Dissidia_Crazed posted...

I just don't see that as proof of censorship, moreso of artistic changes (i.e. - "This looks stupid. We should fix it.").

Looks stupid? If people didn't like how breasts and vaginas looked our species would go extinct.

User Info: Dissidia_Crazed

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#32
tonberrymasta posted...

I just don't see that as proof of censorship, moreso of artistic changes (i.e. - "This looks stupid. We should fix it.").

Looks stupid? If people didn't like how breasts and vaginas looked our species would go extinct.

No... Not that. I meant what looked stupid was the pointless gap in her skirt. If it made sense, fine. Whatever. I would also consider it censorship then. But it didn't. There was no reason for her vagina to be visible other than sex appeal, which really does nothing in the end because she's still a useless summon very few ever actually use.

As for Rinoa, totally justifiable since the girl is underage. Maybe in Japan that's not a thing, as they seem to get away with a LOT of stuff over there. But everywhere else in the world, people would not respond well to a young girl being "objectified". And again, with the graphical changes between the two releases, I'm still not really seeing a case for censorship with Rinoa; all I'm really seeing is a look that today's graphics probably displayed better.
My signature does not define me. It is just a signature.

tonberrymasta
1 month ago#33
There was no reason for her vagina to be visible other than sex appeal, which really does nothing in the end because she's still a useless summon very few ever actually use.

I think they did it to be consistent with the overall design of the GFs. Other "humanoid" guardian forces like Ifrit and Shiva also have just a patch in their crotch to cover themselves up in the same way as Siren.

User Info: Dissidia_Crazed

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#34
tonberrymasta posted...
There was no reason for her vagina to be visible other than sex appeal, which really does nothing in the end because she's still a useless summon very few ever actually use.

I think they did it to be consistent with the overall design of the GFs. Other "humanoid" guardian forces like Ifrit and Shiva also have just a patch in their crotch to cover themselves up in the same way as Siren.

Yup. And that's another thing: like others have said -- Final Fantasy has been censored for a long time, and Ifrit is no exception. It's very interesting how no one complains about Ifrit missing his crotch...but Hyne forbid we can't see Siren's vagina. What's the difference? Why is Ifrit's missing crotch not an issue to people? You don't want to see a penis, but covering up a vagina is "censorship"?
My signature does not define me. It is just a signature.

User Info: Algur_the_Evil

Algur_the_Evil
1 month ago#35
Sir_Elan posted...
Sundered_hero posted...
Sir_Elan posted...
unfounded rumor.

Yep completely an unfounded rumor with absolutely no evidence..... oh wait https://i.imgur.com/dqeyXrC.png

You're citing imgur....

When did they become an official....or even unofficial source?

spikethedevil posted...
A) This didn't need another topic.
B) They're just bringing her in line with her Dissidia model.

A., Actually, it really did. This rediculousness needs to be shut down. Apparently, Occam's Razor doesn't mean much anymore.

B. That's essentially that argument I'm trying to make; too many are trying to make something out that just doesn't exist.

Especially being a scholar, I hate the dessemination of false information.

You’re the one creating a narrative that lacks evidence here.
MSA. CPA.
AUD - 80, BEC - 83, FAR - 77, REG - 75

User Info: Optimist_Pryme

Optimist_Pryme
1 month ago#36
Sundered_hero posted...
Sir_Elan posted...
unfounded rumor.

Yep completely an unfounded rumor with absolutely no evidence..... oh wait https://i.imgur.com/dqeyXrC.png

Guess that makes this game your Final FAPasy. xD
No dream is too big, no challenge too great, nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. When somebody challenges you, fight back; be brutal, be tough.

User Info: Optimist_Pryme

Optimist_Pryme
1 month ago#37
The graphic changes and pixel swapping aren't a major issue at all considering the base foundation is from 1999!

I would have taken more issue if they changed original dialogue to shove in garbage emphasizing stuff like open borders, white privilege, metoo, victim/oppression olympics, extreme feminism, "alphabet" culture, etc.

That said, I did happen to run into a random NPC, in Deiling City, in shopping district, that said something about strength of women and feminism, which I found kinda puzzling for an Asian game, and can't recall if it was normally there. -_-
No dream is too big, no challenge too great, nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. When somebody challenges you, fight back; be brutal, be tough.

tonberrymasta
1 month ago#38
It's very interesting how no one complains about Ifrit missing his crotch...but Hyne forbid we can't see Siren's vagina. What's the difference? Why is Ifrit's missing crotch not an issue to people? You don't want to see a penis, but covering up a vagina is "censorship"?

I know I am probably talking to a very young man here, and this is not intended to be an insult, but you should know that you can't actually see Siren's vagina or Ifrit's penis in the original game. They are both covered up by a hairy patch. The vagina is actually not visible at all on the surface of a woman even if all the hair is removed because it is an internal compartment (the part most people "call" the vagina is actually the vulva).

User Info: Sir_Elan

Sir_Elan
1 month ago#39
@tonberrymasta, @Algur_the_Evil,

It would seem both it you need to go back and actually read my original post as you both seem to have ignored the evidence provided.

Again, Occam's Razor. If neither of you understand what that is, allow me to explain it:

It means that the conclusion that uses the fewest assumptions is the one that's likely correct.

In this case, the comparison image of Rinoa and concluding that it is censorship has no basis in fact; it is an assumption that it was censorship. There has been no official, or even unofficial, announcement from SE.

The fact is, the remastering process can change graphical details and result in things looking slightly different. Just because things look slightly different doesn't mean it was deliberate.

Two, the only real censorship we've seen in this remastered version is Siren, and that was pretty bloody obvious.

Three, contextually, and allow me to put this socratically, why would they go through the effort of censoring a few pixels of cleavage, yet ignore other pretty obvious instances? Ie, Shiva, Edea, and Ultimecia?

It makes absolutely zero sense.

The only real conclusion here, based upon the evidence, is that Rinoa was not censored.

tonberrymasta
1 month ago#40
Sir_Elan posted...

The only real conclusion here, based upon the evidence, is that Rinoa was not censored.

Actually the only real conclusion is that both Rinoa and Siren were censored. Trying to redefine the meaning of censorship to only include female sex organs that were exposed a lot instead of being exposed a little bit violates Occam's razor as the simplest possible explanation is that both modifications were made for a similar reason.
  • Topic Archived