• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. Might have a voiceless option

User Info: ssjmole

ssjmole
9 months ago#1
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga may offer players the option to use a classic ‘grunting’ voice track instead of full voice acting.

Over the past few days, fans of LEGO Star Wars have been tweeting that they would like to see grunts in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, the upcoming entry in the long-running series from TT Games. In the replies to a recent tweet from the developer, many have been expressing their wish that the game would use the grunts, grumbling, and other sounds to represent characters talking, as they did in the original games, rather than full voice acting.

At E3 2019, IGN spoke to TT Games’s Head of Design Arthur Parsons, who said that the classic grunts may not be out of the question: “At the minute the plan is that the game is fully voiced, But we are talking to the team about having an additional mode for grunts.”

From https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/06/18/lego-star-wars-the-skywalker-saga-may-add-grunting-voice-work?abthid=5d090300a1d6f45a36000339

I wanted voices so I'm happy it has them but if they do the grunt version as well so people with different view can choose I'm happy.

And I'll admit I .ight play through it grunt version too after as I liked the classics but feel no voice is a step back. As an option though that could be fun to try
Not changing signature until Stephanie McMahon wins the raw women's title.
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/stephanie-mcmahon

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
9 months ago#2
Not sure how I feel about that. What made the grunts so funny was the pantomimes that went along with the sounds. If it's being animated so that voices will fit, grunts probably won't be the same as or actually worse than the originals.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: ssjmole

ssjmole
9 months ago#3
Xeowulf posted...
Not sure how I feel about that. What made the grunts so funny was the pantomimes that went along with the sounds. If it's being animated so that voices will fit, grunts probably won't be the same as or actually worse than the originals.

I can understand that
Not changing signature until Stephanie McMahon wins the raw women's title.
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/stephanie-mcmahon

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
8 months ago#4
Yeah. I'd want complete alternate versions of cutscenes. One where characters move their mouths when talking, and one where they grunt and just kinda use visuals to explain the story.

You gotta admit that while it'd be a lot of extra work, this would add even more replay value.

And please bring back bounty hunter missions and super stories.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

User Info: DeadBankerDream

DeadBankerDream
8 months ago#5
Just_a_loser posted...
Yeah. I'd want complete alternate versions of cutscenes. One where characters move their mouths when talking, and one where they grunt and just kinda use visuals to explain the story.

Yeah, the great thing about that original storytelling device wasn't the "grunts", it was the miming that also happened to employ grunting.

Just adding grunts would mean nothing.
"Your mother was a broken down tub of junk with more gentlemen callers than the operator."

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
8 months ago#6
They wouldn't even finish the Hobbit game or do the 3rd season of Dimensions, so I'm not holding my breath on alternate scenes for nine movies. LOL
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
6 months ago#7
"Over the past few days, fans of LEGO Star Wars have been tweeting that they would like to see grunts in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga"

I hate articles like this. They present this as though it's a majority of fans who want this when it's guaranteed to be 8 to 10 losers who tweets somehow got noticed.

Yeah, the great thing about that original storytelling device wasn't the "grunts", it was the miming that also happened to employ grunting.

Good point. This is basically what they do with current movie games that use voices from the movie itself. It's the same miming tactics but with voices...the grunts aren't really necessary.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. Might have a voiceless option
  • Topic Archived