• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. So this is a remake and not reusing the existing Lego Star Wars games?

User Info: xxnike0629xx

xxnike0629xx
9 months ago#1
topic

User Info: EricDent1

EricDent1
9 months ago#2
It's a new game.
It features all 9 movies.
2 of which have never been covered in LEGO games before.
Toho's Godzilla Will Live Forever!

User Info: AgentCoulson

AgentCoulson
9 months ago#3
Yes. All of the levels are going to be new instead of remastered.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
9 months ago#4
Yeah, each of the 9 movies will have 5 levels a piece, and originally the first 7 movies had more levels than that.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: Doublesouba

Doublesouba
4 months ago#5
Came here to ask this. I never played a lego game before, since I thought they were too kiddy and simple. But I just got the Lego Star Wars games on Steam, and while they are really simple, I am having a lot of fun with them. So I was thinking of picking this up, but if it was just a remaster of the ones I just bought, I'd have to pass. But this is good news.
ASUS PRIME Z390-A MoBo, i7 9700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS GTX 1080 Strix, 1TB NVME, 2 1TB SSDs, 2 4TB HDDs.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#6
Came here to ask this. I never played a lego game before, since I thought they were too kiddy and simple. But I just got the Lego Star Wars games on Steam, and while they are really simple, I am having a lot of fun with them.

This is the experience for a lot of us. I enjoy some more "hardcore" games but the fun and charm of the Lego series is hard to resist.

So I was thinking of picking this up, but if it was just a remaster of the ones I just bought, I'd have to pass. But this is good news.

There already is a re-release of the two Star Wars saga games so they wouldn't need another. Either way, welcome aboard. I'd recommend some of the superhero Lego games since those are pretty good.

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
3 months ago#7
I would say all of the Lego games are good. If you like the source material, or even if you don't, you will enjoy the game.

The top tier Lego series are Star Wars, super heroes, Harry Potter, and LotR for me. But they're all fun and charming, so you can't go wrong with any of them.

Well, maybe the exception of Lego Movie 2. That one is hit or miss with people, as it breaks away from the Lego game formula and is more like Lego Worlds.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

EricDent1
3 months ago#8
LEGO DC Supervillains is the best Comic Book one IMO.

LEGO Dimensions is rather fun with all the mash-up stuff going on.
Though to properly play that, you need to buy actual LEGO sets.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't done a LEGO Indiana Jones Collection/Remaster for the PS4/XBONE/Switch.
Those were really fun.

Other than those, the other "bad" one (IMO) was LEGO Incredibles.
Mostly Cause it's way too easy.
DQB2 Builder ID: nA8k13WmuZ

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
3 months ago#9
I'd rank the Super Hero games like (from worst to best):

Incredibles - Game had some good ideas from the gameplay standpoint, but yeah, it was very lazily thrown together. Most collectibles in freeroam were just sitting there that any flying character could grab.

Lego Marvel 2 - decent enough game, but forgettable story that lacked any real focus, and the game tried to jump between too many obscure characters that just left you missing playing as Hulk, Iron Man, etc. And roster felt lacking. Better than Avengers but still sucked compared to Marvel 1.

Lego Batman 1 - bit mediocre compared to modern Lego games, but it was cool to get different stories for both the heroes and villains.

Lego Avengers - did a lot right but didn't measure up to LMSH1. Very weak roster though.

Lego Batman 3 - story started slow but picked up halfway through. One of the best rosters of any Lego game, though.

Lego Batman 2 - this game might seem dated now, but it was the first game to use voices, have an open world, make characters feel unique, and have powers like flight and lasers and etc. It pushed the series ahead considerably

Lego DC Villains - really mixed things up getting a game from villain perspectives. A decent roster with an all star voice cast made this game top notch.

Lego Marvel 1 - this game really took what LB2 did to the next level. It really pushed a lot of boundaries on what these games could be. Great story, roster, world, it had it all.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

EricDent1
3 months ago#10
I have been replaying the 3 LEGO Marvel games.
While LEGO Marvel Superheroes is cool, that control scheme (especially for flying) is really frustrating.

Especially after playing LEGO Dimensions (and even LEGO Batman 2/3 seemed better on the flying aspect)
DQB2 Builder ID: nA8k13WmuZ
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. So this is a remake and not reusing the existing Lego Star Wars games?
  • Post New Message