• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. Absolutely psyched about this!

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
8 months ago#41
Hotel_Security posted...
I'm tired of them doing that. Just seems awkward and kind of cheap. I'd hope they do better than that and add some voices...I feel like the games are better when Lego can do their own thing. I also read on the wiki about them doing voiced dialogue but it's hard to say if that's a confirmation.

I agree (the voices in the LotR game were particular canny), but I'm not sure what the alternative is, especially one that's not gonna' cost them a ton. Some of the actors have died, and some just don't sound the same. They could get new voice actors, but I'd guess that would cost a lot more than just using the movies' audio. This is partly why I was hoping the whole game would go back to pantomime.

Personally I wonder what happened after Lego Force Awakens. It had all this cross-promotion and they even had some FA actors doing voices for it with the canon tie-in stories. Then Last Jedi doesn't get a game at all and Ep 9 is being mashed in with all the others. Maybe Lego FA didn't do as well as they thought it would?

My guess is because of the divisiveness behind TLJ. Despite TLJ doing well in the box office, Tt may have considered the movie to controversial to put into game form and let it stand alone (similarly how Tt dropped the third movie DLC for the Hobbit game -_-). Or they could've simply decided to make this game and decided not to put effort into making stand-alone games for TLJ and TRoS.

Biggest reason I never buy them. Seems like not enough for the price. Would rather they skip DLC but I doubt it.

I still get them for the easy trophies. :p

As for the game, I like what I've read, especially with potential for 45 missions. This seems like a crazy amount compared to the normal 15 we get so I'm wondering if they may be scaled-down versions of the typical missions. Not sure I'd like that but maybe I'm wrong. They better not do redone versions of the original games because that would be very lame.

Yeah, especially if they're nice-sized levels! And they've already said they're redoing the levels from ground up, so no worries there. :)

Doubtful. They couldn't even get Last Jedi and Ep 9 its own game...they're sure as heck not wasting time on some lame spinoff TV shows. And, yes, I know we got Clone Wars but that was a while ago and was one of their worst sellers.

Like I said, once they decided to do this game, that's probably what convinced them to skip doing a stand-alone game for 8 and 9. It was weird enough they made one for TFA, other than just to capitalize on the marketing blitz Disney was doing at the time. Things had calmed down and then heated back up in a bad way by TLJ since people were starting to turn on the Disney Star Wars movies. Tt has shown themselves not wanting to take a lot of risks financially, shown both by the discontinuation of the Hobbit DLC and the this season of LEGO Dimensions.

I'm not sure about the LEGO Clone Wars game not selling well, though. I thought it was a good break for the standard formula.

Lego Avengers covered entire movies in a single mission and didn't do too bad at it.

Yep!

For sure. I refused to see the abomination that was the Hobbit movies but the Lego game was still fun as hell.

Indeed! My favorite LEGO game play-wise was the LotR game, and the Hobbit game was very similar, even though the movies sucked. Even the newest Ghostbusters movie was made palatable in LEGO Dimensions.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
8 months ago#42
They could get new voice actors, but I'd guess that would cost a lot more than just using the movies' audio. This is partly why I was hoping the whole game would go back to pantomime.

I assume it's cost-cutting or it could be required of them by the licensed deal with the movie production.

It was weird enough they made one for TFA, other than just to capitalize on the marketing blitz Disney was doing at the time.

I think they put all this effort into making it a legit tie-in to the movie and it probably didn't do as well as expected so they scaled back the plans.

Things had calmed down and then heated back up in a bad way by TLJ since people were starting to turn on the Disney Star Wars movies

They say that but they're all going to show up to see every one of these movies. Star Wars diehards are just weird. They want the stories to be 100% predictable and then flip out when they're not...but then they all still go to see the next one. It's almost like they're the boy who cried wolf where you can't really take their gripes seriously. I never quite got the whole TLJ uproar. The movie tried to break away from all the lore of the past and be original and the SW dorks lost it...feels like the fans will never be happy with anything that doesn't just directly copy the original series.

I'm not sure about the LEGO Clone Wars game not selling well, though

I'm not saying it was a bad seller. Just that it was amonst the lowest out of all of these licensed Lego games which is surprising given that it's Star Wars.

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
7 months ago#43
Breaking away from the lore? You don't get why fans get upset over that?

Like it is one thing to center around new characters. But to s*** on Star Wars lore is another. They completely changed how the force and lightspeed travel works.

The prequel trilogy, for all its flaws didn't s*** on the lore. It expanded on it. It also lead to the amazingness of the Knights of the Old Republic series, which is the best things of Star Wars, period. But oh yeah that also isn't canon now.

I won't lie, I am among those who thinks Last Jedi was garbage. And I liked Force Awakens, Rogue One, Solo, and even the prequels.

But I will see episode 9 despite how I hated Last Jedi. For one I want to know how the triligy ends. For another I doubt it can possibly be as bad as Last Jedi with JJ directing again. They should have kept the same director for all 3 movies. It feels like they didn't have a clear plan with what they were doing.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

User Info: Monferno_AQW

Monferno_AQW
7 months ago#44
Just_a_loser posted...
They completely changed how the force and lightspeed travel works.

You're gonna have to explain how, exactly, they changed how the Force works. It is my understanding that the Force can pretty much be used to do ANYTHING.
I only play in Ubers and Anything Goes
Don't complain if you lose when using OU or lower tier pokemon. You handicapped yourself. Your fault.

Hotel_Security
7 months ago#45
Breaking away from the lore? You don't get why fans get upset over that?

For one, Disney quite clearly stated that everything in the EU up to that point was null and void. It wasn't the "lore" anymore and yet fans still cling to it as though all that garbage from the comics and expanded books matters now. They're trying to hold the movies to the fire for lore that Disney clearly stated does not apply.

For two, it's the MOVIES that make the lore in this series, nothing else. Almost every Star Wars movie has introduced new races, new Jedi powers, new ships, new Jedi weapons, and new concepts and they've never cared if these things "fit the lore" or had been seen before. It's been the books and comics that have to match the lore set by the movies; not the other way around.

The fact that folks hated Luke's illusion of himself from another planet simply because they'd "never seen it before" in the lore was laughable...especially when the EU had examples of Sith Lords like Vitiate roasting entire planets and controlling multiple clones from other planets...yet Luke projecting an image of himself for 30 minutes (and it killing him in the process) is just out of the question? It's folks grasping at straws for "logical" reasons to hate on a property because it didn't go how they predicted. Heck, why isn't there this big uproar over Ren freezing a laser blast in TFA or using a mindmeld to read images in someone's mind? That didn't "change how the force works" as well? Why wouldn't TFA get the same hate?

I don't believe any of these "lore-based" reasons. Folks simply didn't like that Luke wasn't a perfect Mary Sue and that Abram's Emperor ripoff in Snoke got killed off to promote the far more interesting character in Ren. Heaven forbid they try to buck expectations.

They completely changed how the force and lightspeed travel works.

The mistake is the fans pretending that this is set in stone and can't be altered...or, worse, that they know everything there is to know about these completely fictional subjects. The lightspeed crash was f***ing cool and easily one of the most badass moments in the movie. If a fan can't get past their own personal headcanon to enjoy that scene, then they simply shouldn't see any of these movies again. These are ACTION MOVIES...these fans are completely missing the point of a Star Wars movie in the first place. I almost feel sorry for these people since, like I said, their personal headcanon and obsession over being right is going to make them hate every movie that comes out.

I won't lie, I am among those who thinks Last Jedi was garbage. And I liked Force Awaken

It is absolutely baffling that you'd like Force Awakens which was almost a scene-for-scene ripoff of A New Hope and yet not like the movie that tried to not absolutely copy every previous movie. JJ Abrams is a f***ing hack and you know he's going to go right back to ripping off the original trilogy by bringing back the Emperor.

Also, you're absolutely matching what I said about Star Wars fans...they don't want to see anything new or surprising and just want to be able to predict anything that happens. When the movies get unpredictable in any way then these fans riot. It's the only reason you'd like a complete New Hope ripoff over a movie that tried to be original and tried to actually surprise fans.

Hotel_Security
7 months ago#46
But I will see episode 9 despite how I hated Last Jedi.

Of course you will. And you'll see the one after that and the one after that and the one after that. Star Wars fans b**** and whine and say things suck and then turn around and head to the next movie like chumps. For all the bad blood, it never means anything.

And given what a bum Abrams is and how he only knows how to rip off and borrow old material, I hope you're ready for Return of the Jedi 2.0. Can't wait for Kylo to betray the Emperor at the last moment while dying in the process. I'll bet Abrams will retcon Rey's parents and just say Ren was lying about them so she can be related to a Skywalker too...gotta make sure you rip off that original trilogy perfectly, after all. You think Finn will get trapped in Carbonite and have to be saved by Rose?

They should have kept the same director for all 3 movies.

Absolutely agree here. What a dumb plan. I felt that Rian Johnson had to clean up some of the plot messes that Abrams created and they definitely shouldn't have gone back to Abrams for the third. Makes me wonder what the fired directors were planning to make them get the axe.

You're gonna have to explain how, exactly, they changed how the Force works. It is my understanding that the Force can pretty much be used to do ANYTHING.

Exactly. People act like there's some limit and we can ONLY see powers that are previously seen in a comic or book. Never mind that Luke is clearly stated as one of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy so it shouldn't be that outlandish for him to have a few tricks we've never seen before.
  1. Boards
  2. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  3. Absolutely psyched about this!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A