• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Arise
  3. Tales Of Remasters Hinted At In Recent Tales Of Arise Online Survey.
Necronmon 1 month ago#1
https://www.psu.com/news/tales-of-remasters-hinted-at-in-recent-tales-of-arise-online-survey/

I know its been posted before but there seems to be more sparks to this rumor...REALLY hope we get things like Destiny 2 or Rebirth over just ports of already out english games though.
rmkii 1 month ago#2
It's interesting that they asked about new features like vehicles and means of transportation. Also the question about corridor areas and open areas.

While this isn't necessarily an indicative that a remaster wil happen anytime soon, it's cool that some of these questions match the discussions about Arise .

Voted as well.
Ace-of-Clubs 1 month ago#3
Bandai Namco Entertainment has suggested it may be willing to remaster previous Tales Of games via an online survey distributed to Tales of Arise players.

I'm a Tales of Arise player, why didn't I receive this poll so I could shamelessly portbeg for my Tales of Graces f remaster? PC =/= master race, it seems.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"I'm not going to condemn shills because I'm a Sony Shill" - Iscratchmyballs
zKanoe 1 month ago#4
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
I'm a Tales of Arise player, why didn't I receive this poll so I could shamelessly portbeg for my Tales of Graces f remaster? PC =/= master race, it seems.

This poll has been going around for a bit and mentioned a few times on this board already as well as Twitter where Bamco Europe specifically asked folks to take the poll. Not sure if this came by email.

That said I voted for Xillia 2, Hearts R, and Graces f for the Remaster question (not sure why they had Berseria on there when I took it). I could understand Legendia being on there since EU never got it. I honestly only really care about Hearts R as that's the only one I can't emulate on PC.

For Japan titles I voted for Innocence in hopes of Innocence R coming over. I can't remember if there were 3 choices for that too, but I think I had Destiny 2 as well as Rebirth as runner ups as they're the only ones without any fan/official translations (at least Destiny PS2 already has been translated by fans).

Something goes here...someday I'll remember what it was.
Ace-of-Clubs 1 month ago#5
zKanoe posted...
This poll has been going around for a bit and mentioned a few times on this board already as well as Twitter where Bamco Europe specifically asked folks to take the poll. Not sure if this came by email.

That said I voted for Xillia 2, Hearts R, and Graces f for the Remaster question (not sure why they had Berseria on there when I took it). I could understand Legendia being on there since EU never got it. I honestly only really care about Hearts R as that's the only one I can't emulate on PC.

For Japan titles I voted for Innocence in hopes of Innocence R coming over. I can't remember if there were 3 choices for that too, but I think I had Destiny 2 as well as Rebirth as runner ups as they're the only ones without any fan/official translations (at least Destiny PS2 already has been translated by fans).

I found the link in another topic, thanks. Filled it out. Requested Graces f, Hearts R, and Abyss for remasters and Destiny, Rebirth, and Innocence for new localizations. (Also added an extra request for Graces f on Switch and PC in comments because I truly am shameless when it comes to that game, lol.)
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"I'm not going to condemn shills because I'm a Sony Shill" - Iscratchmyballs
Ifrit19 1 month ago#6
For me i did Phantasia (hopefully Phantasia Nakiri Dungeon X version), Eternia, and Abyss. All the other options were far more recently released or had been ported recently and all look decent enough for right now.

These 3 imo though are the ones that could use a HD scale up the most from the options listed or an outright remake...and in Phantasia's case just something better than Phantasia GBA...hopefully if they did Eternia they'd add any skits they took out (if i'm right didn't they take all the JP skits out and only added story important ones to Eternia PS1/PSP in the west?)...granted would also love a full on remake for it too. As for Abyss while some people may say it needs a remake i think all it needs is HD scaling...on my PS2 and 3DS versions it just looks... out of focus (?) i guess would be the best way to describe it. Legendia would also be a solid option i guess though maybe a remake where they add multiplayer and kinda give a stronger story to the 3rd act would be better than a remaster and add in some mystic artes for everyone rather than just the time stop mode (ironically after Alphen, Senel is my next favorite Tales MC to play as so if they can make his fighting style the same I'd be hyped)...honestly would probably scrap the entire act 3 though and incorporate the stories into earlier parts of the game or add them into a new act 3 and have the story focus on us exploring the mainland instead of the mini stories in the current act 3...or just make a sequel for Legendia that does this either with the old cast or a new cast.

As for the second option that included Japanese only games i went with Destiny 2, Rebirth, and Innocence...though i hope they'd consider Destiny DC with Destiny 2...wish they just let us have 4 or more choices honestly so i could've added Desinty too (really hope they were meaning DC anyway...think if most people chose that and they give us Destiny PS1 again lol).

In the end though the games i want most are the Japanese only ones/best versions of the games so Destiny DC, Destiny 2, Innocence R, Rebirth, and Phantasia Nakiri Dungeon X or remakes of all of them and maybe all of those, Legendia, Eternia, and Zestiria would be what i'd want.

As for why I'd want Zesty remade:
-fix story issues
-give an option to save Eizen (can go with saving/fail to save honestly) as well as one that would save Dezel/prevent Zavied from entering the party
-rework how they defined malevolence to fit more in line with Berseria as it defined it better imo while Zesty left it nebulous at best
-either allow Alisha back in the party/Alsiha and rose to swap/Alisha and another character (Segei or someone else/someone new) added to the party to push a total of 8 characters (4 seraphs/4 humans...all get armitization)
-rework armitization so you either armitize with a seraph out of the party (or on field serpah with off field human if they added 2 humans) linked to your character or the Seraph you armitize with gets replaced with a backup seraph in the party and when armitzation is ended the armitized serpah goes to the reserves on top of that maybe make it so when armitized the seraph that replaces said seraph gets some sort of boost to all stats/HP as well (say they can now use higher level spells that fuse their 2 elements that they generally can't use when the human character is not armitized (gonna assume you don't get 8 parties and it stays 6 characters whether you can replace Rose for Alisha or not...it's just the Seraphs alone would be too weak in comparison when Sorey/Rose/Alisha are armitzed if this rework was added and they were on the battlefield).
-re-write the story a bit to give the villains better/an actual motive and act more as a driving force in the story
-re-write the story so that Sorey and the party have an actual goal for each arc instead of the whole 'go on a journey and see the world' motive Lailah more or less give Sorey...it was a poor motive narratively and ruined what could've been a good story if both the party and villains had more to give to the plot than either the villain pops out of nowhere for a few minutes before leaving leaving you with the impression 'wth just happened and why did it happen' or the party just finds some issue to deal with once every few hours rather than were aiming for a town for a specific goal (imo the anime did the story/giving goals better than the game...granted Maltran lost the villain status, Lunarre's drive and all was hard to figure out and he also somehow stopped being a villain, Symone's dragonfication was stupid, but at least Heldalf seemed to be aiming to threaten the world in some way in comparison and the party's goal more or less focused on Heldalf from the moment he was introduced unlike in the game where it seemed like it just came down to him wanting to die and nothing else).
-the rng based skill system should be scrapped for either a skill Tree like Arise/Xillias or something like Abyss...at worse rework it so that it works like Arise's accessories where you can transfer 1 skill of your choice to override or stack onto a skill on your gear. Battle Actions however can stay as they were since all were mostly solid and worked well.
-have battels transfer to a battle map...Zesty tried the on the world fighting and proved why it sucks in action games: the camera became s*** (single player you got the enemies zoomed into you all you see is them and not your character while the overhead angle in multiplayer just looks atrocious), some battles became BS where enemies/party members got separated and couldn't attack/be attacked due to the field's edge being at a corner of a dungeon, then there were a few other glitches besides that.
-and as for dungeons and fields: dungeons were piss poor in design for the most part outside of maybe the elemental dungeons...If they at least made the visuals/layout much more varies like Arise did i'd be happy...even happier if they added some actual puzzles/traps. As for field maps they were mostly okay in comparison to Xillia 1 and 2 as the layouts weren't just a big open circular space like most of the Xillias and the Discovery points were fun to find (would say i wish Arise added Discovery points to its maps as well...would at least give a good reason to walk around the maps a bit more...hidden treasure could've helped Arise, Zesty, most post Graces games a lot more too). As for towns the visuals and layout were mostly good but it was disappointing you can enter only 2 to 3 houses since the Xillia days...which they'd at least make all the ground floors of the houses explorable.

Basically the entire game (Zesty) needs to be overhauled/re-worked honestly, not remastered. Side quests (honestly among if not the best in the series), music, and the ability to shift spells from low levels to higher levels (will say Arise kinda pissed me off when they made this exclusive to Rinwell...would've loved to be able to get access to nearly all of Shionne/Dohalim's spells this way as well) were about the only things the game did well/added to the series

soupz 1 month ago#7
I WANT GRACES F ON PC!!!! Or Xillia. Or both. 👌
I forgot the PW to me account. v_v
gabriel282 1 month ago#8
A remaster is most definitely coming. Tomizawa alluded to this even way before Arise dropped. No doubt with how well Arise sold, the idea of remastering older Tales games has to be appealing to Bamco now.

There was some chatter/rumours about Destiny receiving the remaster treatment. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see a remastered Tales game come out in summer/fall of 2022

WHAT IS THIS OMINOUS LIGHT THAT THREATENS TO ENGULF US???!!!
Gaedo9 1 month ago#9
I would like to see Tales of the Abyss (It can't stay on PS2 and 3DS forever), Xillia (1 and 2, both only on PS3), Rebirth (never released outside of Japan) and Destiny (1 and 2. The second one was a Japan only game) on Switch, PC and new consoles.

Someone will hate for this, but my wet wild dream is a Vesperia - 2 though XD
raymk23 1 month ago#10
Gaedo9 posted...
I would like to see Tales of the Abyss (It can't stay on PS2 and 3DS forever), Xillia (1 and 2, both only on PS3), Rebirth (never released outside of Japan) and Destiny (1 and 2. The second one was a Japan only game) on Switch, PC and new consoles.

Someone will hate for this, but my wet wild dream is a Vesperia - 2 though XD
I sure will, it doesn't need a 2, if they made a 2 it would have to be a prequel game. They've also showed they aren't really all that good at making sequels.
Its always darkest before the dawn! Unless you're playing mario party, hit me up for games!
SW-8551-7005-2336
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Arise
  3. Tales Of Remasters Hinted At In Recent Tales Of Arise Online Survey.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A