• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Arise
  3. What did you think of Tales of Graces f?
Thoughts on Graces f? - Results (165 votes)
Great Gameplay and Writing
16.36% (27 votes)
Great Gameplay, Average Writing
43.03% (71 votes)
Great Gameplay, Terrible Writing
20% (33 votes)
Average Gameplay, Great Writing
1.82% (3 votes)
Average Gameplay and Writing
10.3% (17 votes)
Average Gameplay, Terrible Writing
4.24% (7 votes)
Terrible Gameplay, Great Writing
0% (0 votes)
Terrible Gameplay, Average Writing
0.61% (1 vote)
Terrible Gameplay and Writing
2.42% (4 votes)
Haven't Played
1.21% (2 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Xillia had a lot more positive of a reception than I expected, which is great! Now onto a fan favorite: Graces f.
I shouldn't have to clarify it's my opinion. You should assume that already.

User Info: Bloodshed113094

Bloodshed113094
1 week ago#2
Gonna go with Average writing, but Great gameplay on this one. Honestly, the story is so forgettable that I legit don't remember 99% of it. However, the cast is almost all great and Pascal is easily the best character in the series. Combat is easily (and sadly) the best iteration of the 3D CC system. Each character is unique and the L&L additions bump both the writing and gameplay up a peg.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#3
I'm sorta torn on the writing. The funny parts of the writing were good but the plot was the worst of the tales games I've played. Gameplay is peak tales gameplay.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: CielTynave

CielTynave
1 week ago#4
By far my favorite game in the series due to the battle system. Main story was alright, characters were overall enjoyable thanks to the skits, L&L was by far my favorite part of the story. Would absolutely buy a rerelease in a heartbeat.

It actually made me realize just how different games like Destiny PSX and Eternia felt, since they pretty much gutted the skit systems entirely in the localized versions. I look at Graces and think if the skits weren't there, I probably wouldn't give a s*** about any of the characters, so that's pretty much the main reason why I hold off any judgement on Eternia's characters since I'm sure all of their best moments weren't even in the English version of the game.

Bloodshed113094
1 week ago#5
YoukaiSlayer posted...
I'm sorta torn on the writing. The funny parts of the writing were good but the plot was the worst of the tales games I've played. Gameplay is peak tales gameplay.
I can't say the story is the worst, but not being able to remember it is arguably a bigger problem.

User Info: Gaawa_chan

Gaawa_chan
1 week ago#6
I have odd feelings for it. I think the story has a LOT of unfulfilled potential. It has some good bones in it that the story just does not take advantage of at all. The combat system is fun, if not well-balanced, but the way equipment is done in the game (especially weapon upgrading) is ridiculous, though not as bad a Zestiria, I guess. On a surface level the cast is likable enough, but as the story goes on a lot of them make infuriating decisions, and it suffers from particularly stilted language, imo.
Hi

Bloodshed113094
1 week ago#7
CielTynave posted...
It actually made me realize just how different games like Destiny PSX and Eternia felt, since they pretty much gutted the skit systems entirely in the localized versions. I look at Graces and think if the skits weren't there, I probably wouldn't give a s*** about any of the characters, so that's pretty much the main reason why I hold off any judgement on Eternia's characters since I'm sure all of their best moments weren't even in the English version of the game.
It's a f***ing tragedy they just ported the lazy original English version for PSP instead of giving it the proper full translation it deserved. I guess they had to save space to include the Volt Glitch.

User Info: Bart_xenogears

Bart_xenogears
1 week ago#8
I went with great gameplay and average writing. Gameplay wise there was a lot of extra stuff to do. The writing was ok, but nothing special.
John 3:16

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
1 week ago#9
My feelings for graces f is like......conflicted. Its mainly like, but there is a little hate in there. Abusive?, lol.

The gameplay is one of those things where I both like it and dislike certain things about it. It's parry system is like, mad fun. On the other hand, its the start of the artes tree system I grew to hate, but in graces F I feel like it was at it's best then because of the two styles thing every character had. To me it was fun enough that I had no problem getting the platinum trophy, but at the same time it was like "I hope the next tales of game keep this parry system but try something else with the actual artes". Also, the AI was really goddamn dumb, holy s***. You might as well forget they exist in evil and chaos, because you are going to be a one man show there what with them always being face down in the dirt.

The plot....man, lol. It wasn't like, BAD bad. It wasn't great either.....it felt like I was watching a afternoon cartoon that had one of those cheesy moral lessons at the end, like 80s g.i. joe or like, david the gnome or something, lol. You know what, it wasn't bad, lambda is aight' and gave asbel a freeky eye. fodra queen was just kind of there, whateves. In a game that had a lot of lovey dovey going around, it still has me butt-blasted that hubert and pascal never truly hooked up. Had all those skits setting it up, hyping me up for the future arc and thinking "ah man, its going DOWN", and nothing never happened. Da' f***? Bah!! Speaking of skits, they were really great. I would go as far as to say graces f had the best skits in the series, even more so when richard joins the fun in the future arc.

Average gameplay, average writing for me damn it.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Siegfriedl88

Siegfriedl88
1 week ago#10
If i compare it only with the tales of series , it is my favorite and i love the characters...but with other jrpgs in general id say its average.
Playing Atm :Scarlet Nexus(PS5),Tokyo Xanadu EX(PS4), Kinkoi: Golden Loveriche(PC)
https://imgur.com/rVES6lt
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Arise
  3. What did you think of Tales of Graces f?
  • Post New Message