• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Hope the Flood will return in a DLC or something

User Info: Perfect_Cyborg

Perfect_Cyborg
1 month ago#1
Since this is similar to Breath of the Wild or Skyrim. I hope a massive DLC will open up a unexplored portion and introduce the Flood to a actual new modern graphic engine.
I AM THE PERFECT CYBORG!

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
1 month ago#2
The Flood are some of the most annoying enemies in all of FPS.
Founder of the madbad virgin clan

User Info: Silvertip_M

Silvertip_M
1 month ago#3
Perfect_Cyborg posted...
Since this is similar to Breath of the Wild or Skyrim. I hope a massive DLC will open up a unexplored portion and introduce the Flood to a actual new modern graphic engine.

343 is apparently seeing Infinite as a platform...similar to Destiny where the core game will be built on over time.

There's a lot of speculation based on what I've read, but it looks like the first expansion will introduce Co-op, and then further updates will build upon the world...probably events at first. I don't imagine that we'll see any significant new areas for at least a year following the release of co-op.

User Info: johnperuso

johnperuso
1 month ago#4
From a lore standpoint, The Flood should be left out of the game since that threat has been handled and concluded. Narrative references to the battle against the Flood and the origins of Halo would be nice for long-time fans, but if the Flood comes back I think it would be heavy-handed from a storyline perspective

User Info: TheSacredRing

TheSacredRing
1 month ago#5
johnperuso posted...
From a lore standpoint, The Flood should be left out of the game since that threat has been handled and concluded. Narrative references to the battle against the Flood and the origins of Halo would be nice for long-time fans, but if the Flood comes back I think it would be heavy-handed from a storyline perspective

This many times over.
Blarg and Kupo

User Info: NeneTreOFive

NeneTreOFive
1 month ago#6
johnperuso posted...
It would be cool if there was like a "secret dungeon" of sorts where no one has stepped foot in it for thousands of years and it would be swarming with the flood. Going against lore but would be cool fan service.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
-Sun Tzu

User Info: Perfect_Cyborg

Perfect_Cyborg
1 month ago#7
NeneTreOFive posted...
It would be cool if there was like a "secret dungeon" of sorts where no one has stepped foot in it for thousands of years and it would be swarming with the flood. Going against lore but would be cool fan service.
This!

And with Halo Infinite being a game they plan to update overtime, they should eventually have all types of enemies to play in the DLCs. Really want to face the Flood in modern gen, could do some crazy cool stuff with them.
I AM THE PERFECT CYBORG!

User Info: gsforlife

gsforlife
1 month ago#8
The Didact would've been a great successor the Flood until they found a way to write the Flood back into the narrative as the ultimate endgame villain.

IMO the best villains are all the ancient alien factions from the Forerunner-Flood war because of how OP they were written in the lore.
PSN: cyanide4suicide | XBL: aNinjaGuardian
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N

User Info: XxOblivion77

XxOblivion77
1 month ago#9
The flood add variety
"Cormtana plz" - Master Chief

User Info: johnperuso

johnperuso
4 weeks ago#10
XxOblivion77 posted...
The flood add variety

New things can be created and written that can bring variety, but are not the Flood. I don't want to see the Flood become Freeza where he's just always coming back one way or another and cheapening all the prior storylines
  1. Boards
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Hope the Flood will return in a DLC or something
  • Topic Archived