• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Halo will be the best fps this year

User Info: BlackDesperado

BlackDesperado
1 month ago#1
After playing the vanguard beta, and seeing how they've Call of Duty'd Battlfield, Halo: infinite is poised to be the shooter to play this year, and near future.
Bring back Dino Crisis Capcom

User Info: trevor400

trevor400
1 month ago#2
If they made Battlefield like Battlefield 4 meets Call of Duty... that sounds pretty good. I think Vanguard isn't a threat. I can't believe parents buy their kids every new Call of Duty. Chances are they sit prone in hardcore aimed down the f***in scope. keep kids out of call of duty. LOL

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
1 month ago#3
I really hope it is but 343 have a track record of f***ing up launches. The 14 month delay, holding back of core series content and the stupid decisions (eg xp progression system) make me think it won’t be.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch, PS5, XBSX
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
1 month ago#4
trevor400 posted...
keep kids out of call of duty
No, keep them there so I can enjoy the better games. CoD is a turd.
Founder of the madbad virgin clan

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
1 month ago#5
It doesn't have any serious competition.

zhumar
1 month ago#6
DarkSymbiote posted...
It doesn't have any serious competition.
Nope. It's the only arena based FPS releasing. You can say Splitgate is a competitor, but it doesn't take long to see the cracks in that game and why Halo should surpass it.

User Info: ssj5goku2005

ssj5goku2005
1 month ago#7
The Vanguard beta feels a lot like an MW2019 map pack imo. Whether or not that’s a good thing is up for debate, but I personally loved MW, and consider it to be the best modern COD, probably the best since the original MWs, so I am having fun with the Vanguard beta, and am looking forward to the full game in November. No comment on Battlefield. I’ll play the EA Play trial when it releases, but I was never particularly interested in Battlefield, so I’m not really looking forward to it.

I agree that Halo is looking to be the best FPS of the year, though. The gameplay I’ve seen so far looks a lot like a continuation of Bungie’s Halo games. To me, it really looks like a modern Reach. I’m super excited for the beta this coming weekend. Although the whole “battle pass is tied to challenges” bs is kind of a damper, but if I remember right, it was on the list of things they could possibly change before launch. I remember it said something like “battle pass is only through challenges?”
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Offworlder1

Offworlder1
1 month ago#8
I highly doubt Halo will be good based on 343's track record so far.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
3DS FC: 1564 - 7512 - 1815

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
1 month ago#9
Offworlder1 posted...
I highly doubt Halo will be good based on 343's track record so far.
It doesn't have to be good to be the best FPS of the year.

zhumar
1 month ago#10
DarkSymbiote posted...
It doesn't have to be good to be the best FPS of the year.
While I agree, that still makes me sad.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Halo will be the best fps this year
  • Post New Message