• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. I can't help but think people will skip the campaign to just play the mp.

User Info: Offworlder1

Offworlder1
1 month ago#11
After the campaign being boring, and lackluster in the last two games I can't blame people for not caring much about the story. The last time Halo had a narrative worth giving a damn about was Halo Reach, and ODST before that as Bungie knew how to make a good narrative.

Halo 4 and 5 were just not memorable for the campaign, and honestly Halo should have been retired with dignity after Bungie did not want to make any new Halo games.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
3DS FC: 1564 - 7512 - 1815

User Info: zhumar

zhumar
1 month ago#12
Offworlder1 posted...
Bungie knew how to make a good narrative
And then they made Destiny and threw that credibility out the window.
Founder of the madbad virgin clan

User Info: denniedarko

denniedarko
1 month ago#13
I’ll play the campaign and probably never touch the MP, just like all the others.
trevor something does not exist

User Info: Offworlder1

Offworlder1
1 month ago#14
zhumar posted...
And then they made Destiny and threw that credibility out the window.
Yes a whole new IP, knowing how to build onto a solid foundation and improve on it is not the same as creating something brand new.

Bungie knew how to keep making Halo narrative, I never mentioned or meant other games.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
3DS FC: 1564 - 7512 - 1815

zhumar
1 month ago#15
Offworlder1 posted...
Yes a whole new IP, knowing how to build onto a solid foundation and improve on it is not the same as creating something brand new.

Bungie knew how to keep making Halo narrative, I never mentioned or meant other games.
That's true. They kept that train moving at a good pace.

User Info: ItsTheEl

ItsTheEl
4 weeks ago#16
This will be my first Halo game. I downloaded Halo 5 just to get familiar with the series, but my backlog is huge.

That said, I will only play Infinite for its campaign. If I feel like I "got gud" during the course of the campaign, I might dabble in multiplayer.

I stay away from mp for this reason: usually the people on there have practiced for hundreds of hours, so by the time I decide to play, I feel like the pros get cheap kills off me. But then again, my fps mp experience is limited to CoD.

Infinite gives me Metroid Prime vibes with the grapple hook. Count me in for the campaign.
Currently playing: RE2 remake, Alundra, Sekiro, Dark Cloud 2, DQ7, FF8

User Info: RawringAir

RawringAir
4 weeks ago#17
oh no a game that has only ever been popular because it’s multiplayer has people who only care about multiplayer

i hope you know this is a multiplayer focused franchise

how you don’t already know that is mind blowing… next you’re going to tell me the cod campaign is what sells those games
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox

User Info: trevor400

trevor400
3 weeks ago#18
Ii put 1200 hours ,into socoom 2 and never played the sp

zhumar
3 weeks ago#19
RawringAir posted...
next you’re going to tell me the cod campaign is what sells those games
And people still b****ed about BO4 not having a campaign. Really? Have you played a BO campaign? They're saving you a few hours of your life.

However, a Halo campaign is typically far more fun imo.

User Info: Squad06

Squad06
2 weeks ago#20
I won't touch the MP. It looks like same MP that every Halo game has been peddling since the original came out. Other games have easily surpassed it at this point.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. I can't help but think people will skip the campaign to just play the mp.
  • Post New Message