• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. Can someone please help me with the Tweaker?

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
1 month ago#1
I have the steam version of Global and I want to play as the MS/Xbox version to redeem my Xbox pass perks. I have never downloaded the MS version. The steam version is installed and fully playable.

I looked at all the guides and YouTube videos online but they only teach you how to convert MS to Steam. How do I convert to MS? I tried everything but it's not working. I must be missing a crucial step somewhere.

Steps I used:
  1. Clicked on top of the Tweaker drop down menu and selected MS version
  2. Tweaker asks me to locate the bin file folder for steam
  3. A bunch of Dos boxes pop up and finish and everything feels like it was a success?
  4. Drop down menu resets to default Steam version and if I click on play PSO2 the game goes into the Steam version.
  5. I go to select MS version from the drop down menu and the process returns to step 2 and I'm caught in a loop.
  6. Cry T_T
Anyone have any ideas on what I did wrong? Thanks in advance <3
I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O

User Info: OhFudge

OhFudge
1 month ago#2
You don't need to use Tweaker to link your Steam account to Xbox or Windows. Just install the Xbox/MS version and here are the steps you will need to take:

• From the Support Menu within the Start Menu of the Steam platform of PSO2, select the option to issue an account-linking code. This code will expire after 15 minutes.
  • After launching PSO2 on Windows 10 or Xbox One, select your Ship and then enter the code from the previous step.Please be careful: you can only use this code when setting up your account on a new platform for the first time. Do not create a new character/set up a Player ID before linking your account.
  • Success! The operative can now play using the same PSO2 save data on either their Xbox Live or Steam account.

GT/PSN: XenoGamerX

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
1 month ago#3
Thanks so much. I followed your advice and got everything to work properly. I actually approached the whole thing from the wrong perspective to begin with. Didn't need Tweaker at all.

I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. Can someone please help me with the Tweaker?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A