• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. BrHu (Pure Katana) - what are good Units?

User Info: robertdirk

robertdirk
1 month ago#1
I've been using Luxe just because I could equip but doesnt seem right. I know Saiki is what everyone says to use but I'll be lvl ~62 before I have the stats. What else should I invest in? Should I do a Set for the Bonus or mix and match? Ask 10 players and they'll give you 10 answers. Thanks in advance.

BTW, your Sig is annoying.

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
1 month ago#2
At this stage in the game it feels to me that unless you are pushing cutting edge content as a low level for challenge the units hardly matter before level 70ish. Level 73 was the first time ever I felt the need to properly setup my units after getting 2 shot by bosses on Extreme Hard.

There used to be a time, before episode 2 or 3, when contents were much harder and you actually need to keep up the Min/maxing to even level properly. But times have changed, now days you can just breeze through the game till 75+. And I believe once Episode 5 is released on NA, older contents will become even easier.

My advice is to just stick it out till your stats are high enough to wear the 12* units.
I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: runuts27

runuts27
1 month ago#3
If you're using a dex mag like you're supposed to for Br you can equip Ray units at a low level. If you're not doing that sure go with Saiki or Brissa and yes you want the set bonus if you're going with them.
I'm interested in this...

robertdirk
1 month ago#4
Yeah, the ole mag problem. Half the posts say you should be using S-ATK. The others DEX. I understand why now but started with S-ATK. So, Im like 90 S-ATK and 40 DEX. Still 35 short for Saiki and 55 short for Ray.

User Info: __C_L_O_U_D__

__C_L_O_U_D__
1 month ago#5
I'm not sure how easily obtainable they are in NA, but Hiei sets can be useful before you get to 11★ units. Their set bonus has the same ATK as Saiki, but you're getting less PP. I've even stuck with them in JP through early Episode 5 content - because I had no luck in getting any 12★ units and Saikis just didn't feel worth it for the extra PP.
You don't need a reason to help people.

robertdirk
4 weeks ago#6
I was so close to 430 DEX, I just stuck it out and then bought Saiki from the Personal Shop. Is there a reason not to? I'm kinda lost - prices are all over the place even when they have the same augments. So, I just bought the cheapest with none (less than 200K for all 3 of the set)...

User Info: runuts27

runuts27
4 weeks ago#7
Probably people who had Saiki in their shop when it was worth a lot more, it used to sell for around 10m a piece. You don't really need to worry about augments until you have end game units and more meseta than you know what to do with.
I'm interested in this...
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. BrHu (Pure Katana) - what are good Units?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A