• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. PSA: Successor classes are "broken"

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 week ago#1
I know it's early but for folks not in the know lets get this out there. The Successor classes are horribly, horribly, unbalanced. They are absolute monsters in terms of tearing apart content. Late game you're going to see A LOT of them varying. And they're going to make your presence feel "useless" in a lot of instances.

This has 0 reflection on your skill as a player, your gear/load out, ETC it's just how it is. Play what you want to play and DO NOT feel pressured to pick up a Successor class unless you REALLY want to.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: razkal

razkal
1 week ago#2
I still hear gu/fi is tops.
Go home and be a family man.......You have been studied, learnt and defeated.
XB1 GT = RAGEoFaDARKJEDI

User Info: Ragnawind

Ragnawind
1 week ago#3
razkal posted...
I still hear gu/fi is tops.
The successors are still better in the long run, especially if paired with a good secondary class or vice versa..

User Info: Gameandwatch2

Gameandwatch2
1 week ago#4
I think the biggest problem with the successor classes is that the amount of mobility they have compared to the conventional classes is a bit insane.

They buffed up the damage on all of the normal classes, but it doesn't change the fact that they're going to be getting left in the dust while successors are zipping around ahead of them and killing everything before they can even get there in normal quests.

Ragnawind posted...
The successors are still better in the long run, especially if paired with a good secondary class or vice versa..

I thought you can't use a subclass with a successor?
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: razkal

razkal
1 week ago#5
^^^^

yeah.

it can be Te/PH but not Ph/Te
Go home and be a family man.......You have been studied, learnt and defeated.
XB1 GT = RAGEoFaDARKJEDI
No Subclasses for Hero/Phantom/Etoile. Not that they really need it. Have you seen the damage bonuses for Hero/Etoile? Looks totally crazy, and fun!

Hero looks like the Devil May Cry class, swapping between Sword/Twin Guns, super cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: TheConsoleHero

TheConsoleHero
1 week ago#7
I was looking to one day become an Etoile. I made my character a cast that looks an awful lot like a futuristic version of Valkyrie Lenneth. I figure that play style would look best for this character.
Pokemon Sword/Shield - Dedicated Breeder
Switch Friend Code: SW-2455-1197-3417 (IGN: Chuckmate)
TheConsoleHero posted...
I was looking to one day become an Etoile. I made my character a cast that looks an awful lot like a futuristic version of Valkyrie Lenneth. I figure that play style would look best for this character.
They can also buff non Etoile teammates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: Red_Frog

Red_Frog
1 week ago#9
As a member of the summoner master race, I rather like the idea of wholly autonomous minions slaying my enemies while I get my loot on.

User Info: arcnova

arcnova
1 week ago#10
what exactly are "successor" classes?
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. PSA: Successor classes are "broken"
  • Post New Message