• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders Genesis
  3. What's everyone's opinion so far?

User Info: Tsuyogaru

Tsuyogaru
2 days ago#11
hyuggaxt posted...
Enjoying it a lot more than DS3 , it feels more like a darksiders game than 3 which is wired since the camera its top down.

That was due to the new developers unfortunate obsession with Dark Souls. So much so that they had to patch in a classic mode. Terrible idea, their next souls inspired game Remnant was much better though
PSN: Scars_of_Wisdom
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: puzzle17

puzzle17
2 days ago#12
For $40 it’s a great game. That isn’t a knock either. It’s fun and great for what it’s trying to do. I know it isn’t remotely the same but this game makes me want a legacy of kain game again.
PSN puzzle17
GT Lambo BD

User Info: Shadow Reaver

Shadow Reaver
2 days ago#13
Tsuyogaru posted...

That was due to the new developers unfortunate obsession with Dark Souls. So much so that they had to patch in a classic mode. Terrible idea, their next souls inspired game Remnant was much better though
I believe that Gunfire games is about half of the original Vigil games team and Airship Syndicate is the other half. Darksiders 3 really shined after all the updates and it needs a complete disc edition.

I am enjoying this one so far but only played about an hour.
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to No One! Nor will I be Prayed to! - Asura

User Info: 13Z50P

13Z50P
2 days ago#14
hyuggaxt posted...
Enjoying it a lot more than DS3 , it feels more like a darksiders game than 3 which is wired since the camera its top down.
I got my Amazon preorder yesterday. Haven't tried it yet because I'm wrapping up the final level on Code Vein. I hate top down games. I thought it would play just like previous versions, which were awesome IMO. That's enough for me to sell it and not even try it.
That's what she said!

Tsuyogaru
2 days ago#15
13Z50P posted...
I got my Amazon preorder yesterday. Haven't tried it yet because I'm wrapping up the final level on Code Vein. I hate top down games. I thought it would play just like previous versions, which were awesome IMO. That's enough for me to sell it and not even try it.

The game plays exactly the same as any Darksiders game, it’s just a different camera angle

Tsuyogaru
2 days ago#16
Shadow Reaver posted...
I believe that Gunfire games is about half of the original Vigil games team and Airship Syndicate is the other half. Darksiders 3 really shined after all the updates and it needs a complete disc edition.

I am enjoying this one so far but only played about an hour.

Looks like you’re correct, I guess I just don’t understand why III decided to take the approach they did. I’ll go back to it someday but even with all the patches it didn’t hook me like the first 2 did.

User Info: hyuggaxt

hyuggaxt
2 days ago#17
This game has 2 things that were missing from DS3 that to me are esential to any darksiders game , a map and horse riding.

User Info: ArmoredElder

ArmoredElder
2 days ago#18
Tsuyogaru posted...
Looks like you’re correct, I guess I just don’t understand why III decided to take the approach they did. I’ll go back to it someday but even with all the patches it didn’t hook me like the first 2 did.

It could have something to do with THQNordic
"There is nothing more dark than one's own soul..." Mr. Selatcia, Metalocalypse
PSN: VonStoogiN / awaiting Darksiders: Genesis, DOOM Eternal

User Info: StonecoldRPS

StonecoldRPS
2 days ago#19
hyuggaxt posted...
This game has 2 things that were missing from DS3 that to me are esential to any darksiders game , a map and horse riding.
I saw in a vid that you can ride a horse just most will probably choose not to thinking they may miss something if they're riding around too much
PS or Xbox, Either way, it's all good.
Just enjoy what you have & most of all, have fun.

User Info: Apextech

Apextech
2 days ago#20
Im glad the play mechanics are the same as Darksiders 2.It feels/controls like Darksiders 2 with an Isometric view.I was pleasantly surprised when i saw the control layout.The force feedback is also VERY good and satisfying when performing finishing moves.Loving this game.Have not had THIS much fun since Baulders gate games and Bastion.
XBOX LIVE :APEXTECH/PSN:APEXTECH
"WTF is this?!!!.....Dude i feel like i'm in a Fellini movie."-Tommy Lee Punk'd
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders Genesis
  3. What's everyone's opinion so far?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A