• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
  3. Why did critics from IGN and Gamespot rate this game so poorly ?

User Info: Darunia336

Darunia336
11 months ago#1
I keep hearing online that people really liked this Spongebob game when they were a kid, and some people were genuinely excited to see this game remade. I've also heard some people call it one of the best 3D collectathons ever, but IGN and Gamespot gave this remake a poor review?

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
11 months ago#2
Because the game is a 1-1 remake of the original with nothing new apart from the multiplayer mode.

One of these guys even tried to compare this game to the FF7 Remake lmao.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705

User Info: Darunia336

Darunia336
11 months ago#3
BeatScrafty2 posted...
Because the game is a 1-1 remake of the original with nothing new apart from the multiplayer mode.

One of these guys even tried to compare this game to the FF7 Remake lmao.
Weird, I played through the Spyro remakes and they were pretty similar to the original. IGN rated that game higher than Spongebob?

User Info: VanguardFate

VanguardFate
11 months ago#4
It's just an okay game now with a bunch of bugs. A lot of topics on this forum are about some kind of glitch.

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
11 months ago#5
It's because they hold a grudge against THQ Nordic for doing an AMA on a particular website.
"Staying in the same place, just staying out the time,
touching from a distance, further all the time."
  1. Boards
  2. SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
  3. Why did critics from IGN and Gamespot rate this game so poorly ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A