• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Blasphemous
  3. Anyone play Bloodstained?

User Info: whyterose86

whyterose86
4 weeks ago#1
Which would you prefer (Bloodstained or Blasphemous)? I’m about to start one, but can’t decide which first...

User Info: W_ishMaster

W_ishMaster
4 weeks ago#2
Bloodstained is extremely good. Like, really good. Both games should run you about 20 hours to platinum. I personally would start with Blasphemous. Not because it is the worst of the two because this is also really good but because it has quite a bit of less customization than Bloodstained. Here, you can only upgrade your sword 7 times via a shrine, buy 4 skills (2 of which are completely useless), equip relics that allow certain abilities, you have only 1 special technique you can use at any given time, and there are accessory slots that allow you to enhance certain stats like defense, poison resist, etc.

However, in Bloodstained you can craft weapons and armor, there are several techniques in the game tied to specific weapons, there are way more quests, the art style is amazing, bosses aren't ridiculously easy like in Blasphemous (you WILL rage against certain ones). If you're going to play both anyway, start with Blasphemous. If you start with Bloodstained, you may give yourself expectations that do not exist for Blasphemous considering they are very different. Bloodstained is more like Castlevania SoTN and Blasphemous is like an enhanced Death's Gambit on steroids.
"Power comes in response to a need, not a desire"
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: whyterose86

whyterose86
4 weeks ago#3
Blasphemous it is....thanks btw. So many good games this month!

User Info: CursedSeishi

CursedSeishi
4 weeks ago#4
Honestly, I'd say Bloodstained. But it depends on if you want to wait for features, or have them now. Bloodstained at release had a time attack boss rush, an unlockable 'Nightmare' mode after you beat the game, and from the start had a New Game+ in place. They are currently working on the 'character' modes to let you play as other characters through the game, so those will be upcoming...

Blasphemous...? Less so. New Game Plus, Boss Rush, Nightmare mode, and the different Render modes are marked to come (if they weren't already canceled alongside other game activities). After you beat the game once... you're essentially 'done' with it unless you want to go for 100% (and have to restart currently) or hit some of the other trophies.

I've already beaten and Platinum'ed Bloodstain myself once it released, and I play NG+ on Nightmare whenever I feel like going back to it...
Currently, I'm 95.5% in Bloodstained, but honestly I'd rather wait to really beat the game until NG+ is implemented.
"they'll be too busy yelling at the whiny 12yr olds playing on their Xglove 36k Omnitools playing Call of Duty: Shanxi at War"
~cursedseishi~

User Info: Industen

Industen
4 weeks ago#5
Bloodstained while good doesn't even compare to this game. It is a masterpiece and I have been gaming a long time.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Industen

User Info: Ring_of_Varda

Ring_of_Varda
4 weeks ago#6
Apples to oranges. Blasphemous has more interesting world but less options for combat.

I'd say get both if you like the metroidvania style.
"For God to be good, evil is an absolute necessity in this world."

User Info: arcnova

arcnova
3 weeks ago#7
Industen posted...
Bloodstained while good doesn't even compare to this game. It is a masterpiece and I have been gaming a long time.

Bloodstained wrecks on this game
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610

User Info: Cy-co

Cy-co
3 weeks ago#8
whyterose86 posted...
Which would you prefer (Bloodstained or Blasphemous)? I’m about to start one, but can’t decide which first...

Kind of on the same note....

Did you guys notice how incredibly similar the beginning town areas are? It's almost like one copied the other, even though that's obviously impossible.

It's just crazy to me how similar those two areas, at the same point of the game, that serve the same purpose ended up being.
Twitch Channel - https://www.twitch.tv/Cyka_Delik

User Info: CrimsonX4

CrimsonX4
3 weeks ago#9
arcnova posted...
Industen posted...

No it’s the other way around. Bloodstained has a forgettable story, boring bosses (that where much better handled in Curse of the Moon mind you), cartoony enemy design, bland level designs, second half is s***, with copy pasted rooms and hallways, isn’t designed from the ground up with all of it’s abilities in mind, ugly backer paintings that ruin the games immersion, horrible graphics, tedious farming, filler crafting, repetitive soundtracks, crap sidequests, brain dead difficulty, and ugly graphics.

Quality >>> Quantity. Blasphemous not only wrecks Bloodstained it excommunicates it.
I eat wizards.

User Info: Cy-co

Cy-co
3 weeks ago#10
CrimsonX4 posted...
arcnova posted...
Industen posted...

No it’s the other way around. Bloodstained has a forgettable story, boring bosses (that where much better handled in Curse of the Moon mind you), cartoony enemy design, bland level designs, second half is s***, with copy pasted rooms and hallways, isn’t designed from the ground up with all of it’s abilities in mind, ugly backer paintings that ruin the games immersion, horrible graphics, tedious farming, filler crafting, repetitive soundtracks, crap sidequests, brain dead difficulty, and ugly graphics.

Quality >>> Quantity. Blasphemous not only wrecks Bloodstained it excommunicates it.

They're both really good in their own ways. Idk which one I would consider better... I really like the Macabre style of Blasphemous, but I really like the true to Castlevania style of Bloodstained.

Bloodstained's RPG system is more in depth, and the unlockable abilities make it a lot more fun to traverse the map than Blasphemous...

At the same time, I the brutal nature of Blasphemous' combat makes it very satisfying when you get kills.

Bloodstained is also going to get way more content...including procedurely generated rougelike game mode, multiplayer co-op, and multiple character stories/playthroughs, so Bloodstained has more of a lasting appeal.

I'd say Bloodstained in it's current state barely wins out on fun factor, and Blasphemous wins out on cool factor due to its macabre style that I love.
Twitch Channel - https://www.twitch.tv/Cyka_Delik
  1. Boards
  2. Blasphemous
  3. Anyone play Bloodstained?
  • Post New Message