• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  3. PSA: the red tracer SCAR provides a minor gameplay advantage

User Info: Evanz111

Evanz111
1 year ago#1
The tac laser it projects is a thin red one, and much less visible than the thick green laser.

It’s really not a huge deal. But you can count on websites and people complaining that it’s the start of “pay-to-win” with weapon variants slightly stronger than regular ones.

Overall the tracer rounds look sick though, definitely pick it up if you come across it.
I'm not actually Evanz111.
Sorry for stealing your name. ^-^

User Info: xero549

xero549
1 year ago#2
What weapon is this?

User Info: MaxxisKenda

MaxxisKenda
1 year ago#3
Seeing as you unlock the red tac laser at a reasonable level on the SCAR - although memory fails to provide the exact level - I fail to see how anyone could even begin to cry PTW.

I did just treat myself for Xmas though, because the SCAR is my favourite weapon and I do like the blue tracer on the Kilo from the Nikto pack. Coloured tracer does look good, albeit pointless and akin to a big arrow pointing to my location.
I am terrible at Apex.

MaxxisKenda
1 year ago#4
xero549 posted...
What weapon is this?

The clue is in the topic title sir..
I am terrible at Apex.

Evanz111
1 year ago#5
MaxxisKenda posted...
Seeing as you unlock the red tac laser at a reasonable level on the SCAR - although memory fails to provide the exact level - I fail to see how anyone could even begin to cry PTW.

I did just treat myself for Xmas though, because the SCAR is my favourite weapon and I do like the blue tracer on the Kilo from the Nikto pack. Coloured tracer does look good, albeit pointless and akin to a big arrow pointing to my location.

Tac laser is usually green. This one is a faint red instead. The red travels thankfully aren’t as bad as the blue tracers. They only show once they hit something, instead of the entire trail being visible.

MaxxisKenda
1 year ago#6
Evanz111 posted...
Tac laser is usually green. This one is a faint red instead.

Most - if not all - ARs have the option to run the red tac laser that isn't visible to enemies.
Cheers for the info on the tracer though, about to go equip the blueprint and remove everything I don't want.

I am terrible at Apex.

MaxxisKenda
1 year ago#7
My SCAR came with a green 5mw laser, not the 1mw red one?
I am terrible at Apex.

Evanz111
1 year ago#8
MaxxisKenda posted...
Most - if not all - ARs have the option to run the red tac laser that isn't visible to enemies.
Cheers for the info on the tracer though, about to go equip the blueprint and remove everything I don't want.

No no, I know guns have laser options, but they are:

1mw laser (red, not visible to enemies)
5mw laser (green, visible to enemies)
Tac laser (green, visible to enemies when aiming down sight)

The SCAR variant gives a Tac laser, so only visible when aiming down sight, but it’s a red tac laser that’s visible to enemies but only barely. It contains all the stat buffs as a regular very visible green tac laser.

MaxxisKenda
1 year ago#9
Evanz111 posted...
No no, I know guns have laser options, but they are:

1mw laser (red, not visible to enemies)
5mw laser (green, visible to enemies)
Tac laser (green, visible to enemies when aiming down sight)

The SCAR variant gives a Tac laser, so only visible when aiming down sight, but it’s a red tac laser that’s visible to enemies but only barely. It contains all the stat buffs as a regular very visible green tac laser.

Ah right, gotcha. I'll dive back in and have another look later. Had been to the pub last night so wasn't entirely at my best ;-)
I am terrible at Apex.

User Info: strife_37916

strife_37916
1 year ago#10
The 5mw laser turns off when you ADS just FYI
PSN: PlotGradeAmnesia
Do you love food, I do: https://www.instagram.com/chefstr1fe/
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  3. PSA: the red tracer SCAR provides a minor gameplay advantage
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A