• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Masters
  3. Leaf Spotlight Scout - Gacha Thread

User Info: HereToHelp

HereToHelp
3 weeks ago#1
First of all, good luck to everyone pulling for her!

Take note that her sync move increases your move gauge according to her own sync level. That's her main selling point. May not be a bad idea to pull multiple copies. Also, just like Phoebe, she can also pass on stat increases to the next sync pair in line. Except that Leaf passes on all her stat increases, and only needs to be switched out.

Well, I did something crazy myself. I just spent my 40k gems on this banner. I didn't even get her until after I spent 33k, then I got another within 3k more. Then I said, screw it, and decided to dump the rest of my gems into the banner so I could also select another one as my bonus pull.

Meanwhile, I also pulled my 3rd Caitlin, 4th Brendan, 3rd Olivia, 4th Hilbert, 1st Elesa (yay!) along the way. I didn't keep track of everything though. Might have been more.

What's funny, is that I was missing Marshal. This banner gave me 6 of him. Hilarious.

Oh man, I might regret this though, ahahaha. But my luck is usually insanely good, so for once I didn't mind dropping an entire batch of 40k. I'm ready to open my wallet if it proves necessary in the future, cause of this.

This also finally happened:
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/7/6/AAdExxAAAIH8.jpg
Making mistakes is a natural and important part of life. Mistakes don't make you dumber. They make you smarter.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: ArcaneBlaze

ArcaneBlaze
3 weeks ago#2
HereToHelp posted...

Meanwhile, I also pulled my 3rd Caitlin, 4th Brendan, 3rd Olivia, 4th Hilbert, 1st Elesa (yay!) along the way. I didn't keep track of everything though. Might have been more.

Gratz for the sick pull and 5* Lucario! Definitely worth the 40k gems. With those 4 upgraded above sync level 3, you can access all their sync grid once released (Reuniclus might be really good once upgraded though since atm she is outclassed by Mewtwo). Just a simple question, is Eevee as good as people say at the current co-op play?
Like I can imagine Eevee sync move, tank 2 hits, and then switch to Lycan is already a great combo; but is the combo too slow or not?

I personally will skip this banner; still waiting for sync pair that catch my interest then dump most of my gems on them.

User Info: Nate_Allen

Nate_Allen
3 weeks ago#3
spent about 7k, no Leaf, but got Chauntel and Elesa for the first time.

A lot of 4*, including a lot of Marshal as above

User Info: Curse

Curse
3 weeks ago#4
ArcaneBlaze posted...
Just a simple question, is Eevee as good as people say at the current co-op play?
I don't mean to rain on her gacha topic, but since you asked, I don't think Leaf is nearly as good as people are saying she is. Support is already not really all that important right now due to the lower difficulty and she's not even a very good support because she's not much of a team player. Her one niche is Benefactor, but her buffs are so underwhelming that I don't think she's even good at that.

HereToHelp
3 weeks ago#5
ArcaneBlaze posted...
Gratz for the sick pull and 5* Lucario! Definitely worth the 40k gems. With those 4 upgraded above sync level 3, you can access all their sync grid once released (Reuniclus might be really good once upgraded though since atm she is outclassed by Mewtwo). Just a simple question, is Eevee as good as people say at the current co-op play?
Like I can imagine Eevee sync move, tank 2 hits, and then switch to Lycan is already a great combo; but is the combo too slow or not?

I personally will skip this banner; still waiting for sync pair that catch my interest then dump most of my gems on them.
Thanks! Yeah, I got a feeling Reuniclus will also get its sync grid unlocked before Mewtwo, in order to be given a chance at catching up.

There are times when I wanna pull for more reasons than just getting the focus sync pair. This was one such time. I was hoping I could get those remaining 4* Power-Up items I needed for Lucario, and I sure did.

Not really sure about Eevee yet. I've yet to use Leaf for coop. But what's important is surviving for three turns so she can pull off "Let's Go!" followed by her sync move.

I mean, that's +6 attack and +2 to five other stats for Lycanroc after switching in. Looks like she doesn't boost speed though, but she does boost accuracy.

I just realized Leaf also makes Will & Xatu viable for coop. Whoa. I should definitely try that.

Anyway, I'll now be saving gems again. It hasn't been that bad. I mean, I even got Ethan, and that took me only 6k gems (or 4.5k, since he was the 5th pull on the 2nd 3k batch). Also got Lance and Cynthia, so it's all good. I was totally ready to spend 40k to get these 3, anyway. But that didn't happen. So I went nuts here instead.
Making mistakes is a natural and important part of life. Mistakes don't make you dumber. They make you smarter.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Curse

Curse
3 weeks ago#6
HereToHelp posted...
I mean, that's +6 attack and +2 to five other stats for Lycanroc after switching in. Looks like she doesn't boost speed though, but she does boost accuracy.
No, that's +6 attack and +2 to four other stats. Attack is one of the five stats that the sync move buffs. And since Lycanrock doesn't have special attacks, you can also scratch that one out and it's actually +6 attack and +2 to three other stats. And since most fights only involve one damage type, she won't need both defenses either, so we're down to +6 attack and +2 to two other stats. And if you were planning on buffing critical with Hard as Diamonds, she won't need the accuracy either. And in most cases the defense buff won't make a difference either. So she's effectively getting +6 attack after 3 turns of setup and not dealing damage with the sync move. Doesn't look that great to me.

HereToHelp posted...
I just realized Leaf also makes Will & Xatu viable for coop. Whoa. I should definitely try that.
I mean, sure. If you don't mind not doing damage with the sync move. And while these buffs will likely be enough to max out the BP of Stored Power, he'll only have +2 special and no critical buffs, so he won't be hitting as hard as in single-player with an optimal team. And it took two character slots to do this.

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
3 weeks ago#7
Ew Eevee. I'm so f***ing sick of non-evolving Eevee being a thing. Should have came with the Bulba.
You have just spent time to read my signature.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Cabecote

Cabecote
3 weeks ago#8
Leaf needs a lot of pull investment to better her niche role. It's going to be an hard pass, there's other characters I want more!
Edit: her attack buff "Let's Go" being self, and not all allies, was a bad decision from the devs' part...
That's What The Water Gave Me
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: ArcaneBlaze

ArcaneBlaze
3 weeks ago#9
Curse posted...

No, that's +6 attack and +2 to four other stats. Attack is one of the five stats that the sync move buffs. And since Lycanrock doesn't have special attacks, you can also scratch that one out and it's actually +6 attack and +2 to three other stats.
Damm... I didn't realize that Eevee sync move doesn't boost critical. Thus when Lycanroc switches in, Stone Edges are only at +1 critical-hit state; causing amped up (speed up) procs inconsistently (Eevee sync also doesn't boost speed for some reason). Suddenly, the whole Eevee + Lycanroc combos sound... less impressive.

However, Eevee's sync grid (once released) might be incredible depending on how :DeNA handles it. 1) For instance, what kind of enhancements can be made to non-damaging sync move that Eevee has? 2) Eevee with potion master build (the skill that MC & Pikachu currently have on their sync grid) might also be good since Eevee is waaaay bulkier than Pikachu thus can abuse enhanced potion way more often.

Don't know what to do with iron tail though, 75% accuracy at base for support Pokémon is kind of bad...

HereToHelp
3 weeks ago#10
GamePress wrote an entire article about why you should pull Leaf though.

Meanwhile, they said no to Ethan and Lance, not deeming them necessary, even if they're useful.

https://gamepress.gg/pokemonmasters/should-you-pull/should-you-pull-13-leaf-eevee
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Masters
  3. Leaf Spotlight Scout - Gacha Thread
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A