• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox Series X
  3. Do you think Jim Ryan is the new Don Mattrick?

User Info: DragonofDojima8

DragonofDojima8
8 months ago#1
The decisions Sony has been making lately have been questionable at best. Then the article from Jason Schreier came out today. Its about Sony's focus and reallocation of development talent on blockbusters rather than working on smaller new/original/creative projects.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1380524099877883910

User Info: SaveWaves

SaveWaves
8 months ago#2
Absolutely.
XBL: Ghostalgia
PSN: Ex-Boxhound

User Info: HENTAIDOJI

HENTAIDOJI
8 months ago#3
No.

Mattrick opened 343 and Black Tusk which will survive as long as their IP do. He also got Final Fantasy XIII and the meme that keeps on giving.

Jim Ryan has closed Sony Japan, closed Sonys San Diego startup, handed MLB The Show to Xbox as a system seller and moved Sony Bend over to a support studio.

If I didn't know better, Jimbo is shutting shop.
HOMIE_202 - "Gamepass doesn't count"

User Info: adonfraz

adonfraz
8 months ago#4
No, PlayStation is extremely profitable for Sony.

Phil literally had to save Xbox from being scrapped.
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
Nintendo Switch FC: 1019-0711-8232

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
8 months ago#5
DragonofDojima8 posted...
Sony's focus and reallocation of development talent on blockbusters rather than working on smaller new/original/creative projects.
Although there've been a couple seemingly crucial people that have left, this quote here is something I actually agree with. I'd much rather see another game on par with God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Demon's Souls, than a game like Knack or a bunch of indiesque games. I actually went through a gaming slump playing through a bunch of "small creative" games on my Switch, and was wondering when I'd actually play something was fun. Anyway, we'll have to see what the output of all these decisions are. The Don Mattrick always-online DRM stuff was more like a bomb dropping, and what's going on right now is more like a slow bleed that could be patched up. We'll just have to wait and see.

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
8 months ago#6
userfrigginame posted...
I'd much rather see another game on par with God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Demon's Souls, than a game like Knack or a bunch of indiesque games.

To each their own, I'd much rather play indies than the majority of "AAA" games these days

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
8 months ago#7
Infighting aside we already knew this. Sony admitted a while back that they would make fewer but bigger games.
What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
8 months ago#8
Shawn > Jim
PSN: PMMaverick XBL: PM Maverick
Make me moist.

User Info: defmef

defmef
8 months ago#9
The_Hedon posted...
Shawn > Jim
Agreed - I will miss his nervous enthusiasm at E3 (come to think of it, I will miss Sony at E3).
Current Status: Pining for the Fjords

User Info: Runner_style

Runner_style
8 months ago#10
adonfraz posted...
No, PlayStation is extremely profitable for Sony.

Phil literally had to save Xbox from being scrapped.

He had to save Xbox after a complete f***wit did his best to run the brand into the ground. Also something I expect the person to replace Jim will have to do when the time comes.
It's time gamers grew up instead of being pissy 5 year olds fighting over the most asinine things.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox Series X
  3. Do you think Jim Ryan is the new Don Mattrick?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A