• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox Series X
  3. 4k HD TV with HDR10 but no 120hz - Question

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
11 months ago#1
So I got my Series X and I hooked it up to my Sony Bravia XBR-49X900E https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e

TV resolution states "Your TV setup does not support 4k UHD (120 hz)" and under Playing Games it states "Your TV setup doesn't support 120Hz. Games won't display at 120 FPS".

How big of a deal is this going to be? I mean most games won't even come close to 120 fps right so I shouldnt have to worry about it? I dropped like $1k on this TV back when MHW came out and I really don't plan on upgrading unless I hit the lotto or it dies.

Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty

User Info: yomi52

yomi52
11 months ago#2
Nothing to worry about bro. I have the same tv also. 60FPS is amazing
CaptHowdy

User Info: SaekoDragon7

SaekoDragon7
11 months ago#3
Not a big deal at all

Wait a few more years for better high refresh rate TV's to come out. Then worry about 120FPS.

User Info: Flamer_Blue

Flamer_Blue
11 months ago#4
scorpio man posted...
So I got my Series X and I hooked it up to my Sony Bravia XBR-49X900E https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e

TV resolution states "Your TV setup does not support 4k UHD (120 hz)" and under Playing Games it states "Your TV setup doesn't support 120Hz. Games won't display at 120 FPS".

How big of a deal is this going to be? I mean most games won't even come close to 120 fps right so I shouldnt have to worry about it? I dropped like $1k on this TV back when MHW came out and I really don't plan on upgrading unless I hit the lotto or it dies.
I have the very same tv that you have and it can do 120hz but only at 1080p.
My guess is that will be the standard for this gen.
I wouldn't do anything with it.
The x900e is a great tv and hdr is amazing on this set.
Unless 120@4k is a dealbreaker to you, get the x900f.
<cite>Metallix87 posted...</cite>
"Nintendo is an animal"

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
11 months ago#5
60 is more then enough. We played for yeat's at 30 fps... if not less.
60 is the new standard, only a few games will be 120, very... Very few. 4k 120 is just too much. 1080p 120 is doable though on my pc also. The more we go in the future, the more games will use the power and games will be back at 30 fps by next year I predict.

Imagine a game like God Of War 2... They will want to crank that sucker up, so I call 4k 30 fps or 1080p 60...
Don't worry too much about it. I got the Sony H900, it's beautiful and makes me miss it right now lol. But, again only a few games will be 120. I played Rocket League at 120fps and I really sucked, I didn't notice much of a difference.

You will be fine with that tv for years, I don't plan to upgrade for another 8 now if I'm even alive by then who knows.
Unless you are playing in a pro league shooters... Then you don't need 120 fps. 60 is perfect.

scorpio man
11 months ago#6
Flamer_Blue posted...
I have the very same tv that you have and it can do 120hz but only at 1080p.
My guess is that will be the standard for this gen.
I wouldn't do anything with it.
The x900e is a great tv and hdr is amazing on this set.
Unless 120@4k is a dealbreaker to you, get the x900f.

Nope I am cool I've loved this TV ever since I got it and I just wanted to make sure after dropping $500 on the SX that I was going to get the most out of it, thank you all!

User Info: cabcalloway1983

cabcalloway1983
11 months ago#7
As the generation moves forward games will become more demanding leaving little room for a 120fps mode.
Let's Go Brandon!

scorpio man
11 months ago#8
cabcalloway1983 posted...
As the generation moves forward games will become more demanding leaving little room for a 120fps mode.

True I didint think about that thanks! I just saw the message saying it didint support it and I thought my TV was badass and I was like ohhh nooo lol

User Info: oasisbeyond

oasisbeyond
11 months ago#9
Look at it this way... My pc was $3500 Canadian last year... I played all games ultra 1080p 60 fps... And it was awesome, 120fps wouldn't change much for me.

User Info: SaekoDragon7

SaekoDragon7
11 months ago#10
oasisbeyond posted...
Look at it this way... My pc was $3500 Canadian last year... I played all games ultra 1080p 60 fps... And it was awesome, 120fps wouldn't change much for me.

You paid 3500 for 1080p 60FPS? What the hell PC did you buy?

You can get a PC that does 4k60 with that AND ray tracing.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox Series X
  3. 4k HD TV with HDR10 but no 120hz - Question
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A