• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. PS5 just bricked after a power outage.

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
3 months ago#1
Been at it for four hours now trying to find a way to contact Sony so I can send it in for repairs. Too many people are calling tech support so I can't get through to them, live chat isn't working at all also. This sucks.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!

User Info: diablo7238

diablo7238
3 months ago#2
Def get a surge protector buddy!
PSN: Diablo7238
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx

User Info: snake2410

snake2410
3 months ago#3
Kingdom080500 posted...
Been at it for four hours now trying to find a way to contact Sony so I can send it in for repairs. Too many people are calling tech support so I can't get through to them, live chat isn't working at all also. This sucks.
They removed the live chat for the website here in the states. Sucks because that was pretty much the only reliable way to get ahold of them without waiting hours. Hopefully you get through to them soon.
PSN: Snake2410
MG SAGA 100% Trophies x7!, Uncharted Saga PS4 5x 100%, ZoE HD 2x Plat!, N7 Elite x6! C:LoS Saga 3x 100% Trophies!!

Kingdom080500
3 months ago#4
diablo7238 posted...
Def get a surge protector buddy!
That's what it was connected to when I was using it.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!

Kingdom080500
3 months ago#5
snake2410 posted...
They removed the live chat for the website here in the states. Sucks because that was pretty much the only reliable way to get ahold of them without waiting hours. Hopefully you get through to them soon.
Damn, guess I'll just keep calling.

User Info: diablo7238

diablo7238
3 months ago#6
Kingdom080500 posted...
That's what it was connected to when I was using it.

😲 oof bud that’s sucks. Sorry man. :/
PSN: Diablo7238
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx

User Info: juker79

juker79
3 months ago#7
I've waited as long as 2 hours, and as little as 20 minutes. Luck of the draw with timing. Good luck, just have to call and wait it out.
Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are!

User Info: ArsenicSteel

ArsenicSteel
3 months ago#8
snake2410 posted...

Still there for me.

Instead of jumping to chat or calling support try using the links that start with "fix & replace".
It's geeks who really make or break a TV show or movie or videogame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHj2slKBF98

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
3 months ago#9
If this isn't an r/thathappened moment, unplug the unit and hold the power button for several seconds. If things happen; you'll know if they do, plug it back in and you're good to go.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
3 months ago#10
diablo7238 posted...

😲 oof bud that’s sucks. Sorry man. :/

lol he really was hooked up to a power strip/outlet extender and he thought it was a surge protector

a real one would have saved him.

i have all my systems hooked yp to a battery back-up surge protector
plain and simple .you do not like my viewpoint and opinion IGNORE AND BLOCK ME that also goes for grammar cops as well
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. PS5 just bricked after a power outage.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A