• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Any game you're naturally talented at?

User Info: txlion

txlion
1 month ago#1
Like for some reason or another the game just clicked with you, and you are really good at it without even trying as hard as you know others had to to get at your level? Could be a fighting game or a fps or anything really.

Is there any game that no matter how much you try and practice you can't seem to be as good as you hoped?
Sega, where's our Virtua Fighter 6?

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
1 month ago#2
txlion posted...
Is there any game that no matter how much you try and practice you can't seem to be as good as you hoped?

i tried, but i wouldn't say i dedicated myself...

but yeah, i suck at MOBAs and RTS

im bad at intense real time micro-managing and multitasking
me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
RIP 2006-2019 https://i.imgur.com/FyKZY1b.jpg

User Info: BluntEdge

BluntEdge
1 month ago#3
txlion posted...
Like for some reason or another the game just clicked with you, and you are really good at it without even trying as hard as you know others had to to get at your level? Could be a fighting game or a fps or anything really.

Maybe ff7r. I kinda blazed thru hard mode with the exception of the final boss.

Dead cells is bulls***. I’m stuck at 2BC and no matter how hard I try, I just can’t get past it.

Miitopia was such a masterpiece of a game that they ported it to the Nintendo Switch.

User Info: FOXSOLID

FOXSOLID
1 month ago#4
Games that involve driving and have some kind of a physics system in place.

People for instance tried to imply that GTA 4/5 had bad car control....no...you are bad.

The average player will floor it towards a sharp turn, jack up the emergency brake and think they're gonna Tokyo drift their way around it as they slam into a tree.

You gotta brake in with finesse...gradually pressing it down and then gradually accelerate out of the turn.

User Info: gu-gohan

gu-gohan
1 month ago#5
I was an expert in Mario Tennis (N64) and Mario Power Tennis (GameCube), especially in single matches (1 vs. 1). I played hundreds of matches against friends and others (at conventions) and haven't lost more than 3-4 matches...

I played tennis in real life too so maybe I was just naturally talented at playing it?

Also, I'm kinda "good" regarding games that need patience. I can play big open world games without burning out. Not sure if you can call that a talent though...
Like: Respectful and peaceful discussions, positivity
Dislike: Haters, trolls, negativity

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
1 month ago#6
Dear Esther
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: JohnEtrav

JohnEtrav
1 month ago#7
I did those brain exercise games a few years ago with my wife. She got so mad because I just was able to roll through them like they were nothing. That's 30+ years of gaming reflexes 🥇🎮
Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?

User Info: megamatics

megamatics
1 month ago#8
I can solve any problem within a game as long as it does not depend on outside Knowledge. Ran into the issue of Outside Knowledge in Dracula 3 where the puzzle required knowing the Fibonacci sequence. The game gave basically no hints that it was the Fibonacci sequence other than recognizing the pattern 0,1,1, 2,3, 5, 8, 13... It didn't immediately click because its unprecedented for a game to expect you to be thinking about that when all of the other puzzles have hints. Also, I didn't like the Clock Puzzle in Legend of Legaia 2 Dual Saga that has no indicators of if you're progressing through it. It kind of just solves if you perform the sequence correctly.

Beyond Puzzle games, I'm more of a battle maniac, in that I just start fighting things, if the game allows me. Its just fun to beat things up provided I don't get defeated by the Camera or Auto-Lock-On boss. Every game should have a mechanic to lock on to who you are fighting.
TUF Gaming x570-Plus, Ryzen 5 3600x 4.1Ghz, Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT, 16GBs 8x8 DIMM, EVGA 750 WATT.

User Info: hyperdimeduck

hyperdimeduck
1 month ago#9
Um do RPGs count? Also very very trash at fighting games
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards

User Info: LoveLikeJazz

LoveLikeJazz
1 month ago#10
Driving in GTAV.

I used to race all the time in GTAO's heyday and I almost never lost. When they added non-contact, forget about it. Nobody beat me then because they couldn't resort to ramming me.
PSN: LoveLikeJazz
https://soundcloud.com/lovelikejazz
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Any game you're naturally talented at?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A