• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Is The Sinking City worth a purchase?

User Info: Meijimasha13

Meijimasha13
1 month ago#1
Saw there was a PS5 version on sale for $35 or $45 with the dlc. Is this game worth buying? Jim Sterling described it as the "worst game he ever liked" and I used to share a lot of his opinions on games. What do you guys think?
This signature is false.

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
1 month ago#2
I would recommend it for $15. Janky and has some pretty bad game design. I liked the character designs though.
Console wars are dumb

User Info: III-URBAN-III

III-URBAN-III
1 month ago#3
Probably not, how much value will you get out of one once it's fully submerged?
R7 3800XT/ 5700XT/ 32GBR/ KRAKENZ63/ X570 AORUS ELITE/SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7.

User Info: kilaude

kilaude
1 month ago#4
III-URBAN-III posted...
Probably not, how much value will you get out of one once it's fully submerged?
Lol'd

User Info: doowop

doowop
1 month ago#5
get it as cheap as you can
doowop dooby doowop doolang

User Info: doodles40

doodles40
1 month ago#6
I enjoyed it but it's not for everyone. If you like the Sherlock Holmes games you'd probably like this. Think of it as Holmes in the Cthulhu mythos, kind of.

The worst parts are that it is a bit janky (at least on PS4) but this was made for PS5. The combat is atrocious, I avoid it whenever possible.

If you're on the fence I would wait until it's cheaper. I thought about double dipping but I think I'm going to wait until the PS5 version is cheaper.
Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves.

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
1 month ago#7
No. I bought this last summer and didn't get to play it in time, now I have to buy it again to play the proper graphics mode. This game can go to H, respect your customers, give us the PS5 edition if we bought PS4 version. So bloody lame.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: Meijimasha13

Meijimasha13
1 month ago#8
PrinceOfHot posted...
No. I bought this last summer and didn't get to play it in time, now I have to buy it again to play the proper graphics mode. This game can go to H, respect your customers, give us the PS5 edition if we bought PS4 version. So bloody lame.

If they could they would have. The publisher didn't pay them for the game and then pirated a copy and is selling that on steam and not giving the developer anything. The PS5 version is self-published by the devs.
This signature is false.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Is The Sinking City worth a purchase?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A