• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Ok Sony. Dial back the censorship please

User Info: LSSjRE_Yagami

LSSjRE_Yagami
1 month ago#71
CanadianBacon87 posted...
You have no right to freedom of speech on their platform.

I, too, enjoy licking boots.

tzuyd posted...
That's the First Amendment in the states. The freedom to speak is an inalienable human right.

I can never tell if people are genuinely ignorant and don't know that or if they're purposefully conflating the two.

uthoria205 posted...
How so? Freedom of speech is protection from government interference...not interference from Twitter, Facebook, or Sony.

And you're happy with that in an increasingly online and connected world? You don't want free speech? Truly can't comprehend why you'd oppose the boot of the government on your neck but fight to keep that of monopolistic companies on. Baffling.

User Info: Indrasarrow123

Indrasarrow123
1 month ago#72
RampageHowl posted...
Right. So you can't do it, hence I am correct saying it is dead.

you can do it you will just face consequences. Again freedom of speech and “freedom of speak” does not mean freedom of consequence.

like everyone’s precious “cancel culture” is nothing more then consequence for someone’s actions. People just like buzz words

User Info: LSSjRE_Yagami

LSSjRE_Yagami
1 month ago#73
Indrasarrow123 posted...
you can do it you will just face consequences. Again freedom of speech and “freedom of speak” does not mean freedom of consequence.

like everyone’s precious “cancel culture” is nothing more then consequence for someone’s actions. People just like buzz words

That's a common way to try to cancel out free speech and defend imposition upon it, but it's a transparent and weak one. In a moral culture we don't punish people for exercising their rights and we shouldn't condone that.

Cancel culture is a bunch of whining snowflakes triggered by differences of opinion and dissent so they band together to scare everyone into submission. Cowardly, pathetic.

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
1 month ago#74
LSSjRE_Yagami posted...
That's a common way to try to cancel out free speech and defend imposition upon it, but it's a transparent and weak one. In a moral culture we don't punish people for exercising their rights and we shouldn't condone that.

Cancel culture is a bunch of whining snowflakes triggered by differences of opinion and dissent so they band together to scare everyone into submission. Cowardly, pathetic.

Exactly.
My 3x55" HT setup for 2020 http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/desk09052020.jpg
Censorship is wrong. #AllWordsMatter

User Info: Indrasarrow123

Indrasarrow123
1 month ago#75
LSSjRE_Yagami posted...

You have that freedom just like private companies have the freedom to decide what goes on their business. You can’t go into Walmart and do whatever you want without consequences since they are a private business. You can’t go into target without a mask if they have a mask policy you can’t post speech that violates the terms of service on Twitter or Facebook or YouTube.

and cancel culture is just the name that is used by the pathetic people that try and justify the wrong doings of despicable individuals. They are also the same cry babies that call others “snowflakes” but when something doesn’t go their way that throw out buzz words and blame it on everyone else.

User Info: TaterTheTot

TaterTheTot
1 month ago#76
I am very disappointed this thread is still alive given its title, the initial OP, and how stupid the two are in combination with one another.

edit: hyper-drama sells on GameFAQs, tho

User Info: BobbyBrownLove

BobbyBrownLove
1 month ago#77
Indrasarrow123 posted...
You have that freedom just like private companies have the freedom to decide what goes on their business. You can’t go into Walmart and do whatever you want without consequences since they are a private business. You can’t go into target without a mask if they have a mask policy you can’t post speech that violates the terms of service on Twitter or Facebook or YouTube.

and cancel culture is just the name that is used by the pathetic people that try and justify the wrong doings of despicable individuals. They are also the same cry babies that call others “snowflakes” but when something doesn’t go their way that throw out buzz words and blame it on everyone else.

You bout to be canceled boi. Keep up with them wrong opinions and you gon get fired. We must purge all those who think differently than those that the hivemind on twitter does.

#sayyestocancelculture
A Mod/Admin said on 12/23/2020 9:10:40 PM:
Please do not accuse others of being a bigot.

User Info: juker79

juker79
1 month ago#78
BobbyBrownLove posted...
You bout to be canceled boi. Keep up with them wrong opinions and you gon get fired. We must purge all those who think differently than those that the hivemind on twitter does.

No, you only purge the people whose opinions are going to cause a loss in revenue. Opposing or immoral viewpoints are fine if it will bring viewers.
Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are!

User Info: googler

googler
1 month ago#79
VagrantGlass posted...
Where I'm from in the word "amongst", specifically the word with letters 2, 3, 4 and 5, is slang for the "r" word.

Not sure what GFAQs moderates so had to do it the above way. Hopefully you understand.

But yeah, on a private platform you basically have to abide by their rules or simply don't use their service.

I'm totally against any form of censorship so this sucks.

What the f*** is the "r" word?

User Info: CrimsonGear80

CrimsonGear80
1 month ago#80
is there a reason so many of you think you should be able to say horrible things without consequence?
FYI: My @mentions are turned OFF #BLM
RIP Neil Peart (September 12,1952 - January 7, 2020)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Ok Sony. Dial back the censorship please
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A