• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. As a kid, what game was a blind purchase that you got burned on?

User Info: jenrais

jenrais
1 month ago#41
Superman 64

User Info: Erhnam Djinn

Erhnam Djinn
1 month ago#42
X-Files on PS1. What a horrible game. I took the bus back and forth to go to EB Games and used my hard earned allowance money ($5/week) to buy it. There were other $20 rpgs on the shelf like Suikoden 2, BoF 3, etc. but I chose X-Files instead. Yup, story of my life.
You could never understand the humiliation I have gone through. . . The burden of having to be the best. . . of having to be worthy.

User Info: Axel_Justice

Axel_Justice
1 month ago#43
Erhnam Djinn posted...
X-Files on PS1. What a horrible game. I took the bus back and forth to go to EB Games and used my hard earned allowance money ($5/week) to buy it. There were other $20 rpgs on the shelf like Suikoden 2, BoF 3, etc. but I chose X-Files instead. Yup, story of my life.
X-files on PS2 though is a gem if you like the OG Resident Evil
Gamefaqs is just 5 users and 1000's of alts
(message deleted)

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
1 month ago#45
Rammstein_Till posted...
He did take me to block buster every Friday to rent a video game for the weekend. That's where I allowed myself to experiment with games I knew nothing about.
My dad did the exact same thing growing up. He was a pretty big gamer himself (seriously, he was damn good at shoot'em ups and beat'em ups. He could clear stuff like 1942 and practically every other vertical scroller shooter off a single quarter in the arcades back then, and was also good at contra, metal slug, ikari warriors, etc.), so every single friday without fail he would rent NES, then SNES, genesis, playstation, and then a few N64 games, the majority of the time he would just get games just to watch me, my brother, and my sister play and beat them. He himself was lousy at megaman for example, but he used to like watching us kids get the game down and eventually clearing it in 2 to 3 day's time. He also hated rpgs with a passion, but would rent them because he knew it was my favorite genre, lol.

Its how I played the vast majority of the NES, SNES, and genesis game libraries back then. By the time the playstation and N64 came around, my older brother was working and was buying a ton of games despite the PS1 and N64 being mine, but hey I didn't complain, lol.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: toomanymonikers

toomanymonikers
1 month ago#46
WickedWitcher posted...
then you don’t understand the question.

🤦
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. As a kid, what game was a blind purchase that you got burned on?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A