• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Regretting my early ps5 purchase

User Info: gohan100

gohan100
3 months ago#11
lolesports1979 posted...
i honestly would say cash in now you probably will make a small profit if you're sensible

go back and buy it again in a couple of years when the games are better and plentyful
I mean it would likely make 2× what he spent. A used PS5 will likely still sell for 1k easily at this point.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/eb/17/fbeb171a4ea4bb2c79043d9a4d971c96.jpg

User Info: Mountainface

Mountainface
3 months ago#12
Indrasarrow123 posted...
pretty sure ghost and days gone are both 4K/60fps
Yup two games.

Nothing for the last of us, god of war, red dead and so on. Hell I just downloaded the last guardian because I heard it was 60fps on ps5. Only to find out that's only on the physical copy!
Casual gamer aaf.

User Info: Indrasarrow123

Indrasarrow123
3 months ago#13
Mountainface posted...
Yup two games.

Nothing for the last of us, god of war, red dead and so on. Hell I just downloaded the last guardian because I heard it was 60fps on ps5. Only to find out that's only on the physical copy!

look bud those are the only game I saw you were planing on buying it for that specific purpose then you should have looked more into it. Pretty sure there are list with PS4 games and the improvements they got

User Info: Zelos_ToS

Zelos_ToS
3 months ago#14
Sucks for you I guess. I didn't waste money on the mid gen "upgrade", so I had a lot to look forward to with the PS5.

User Info: Xylymphydyte

Xylymphydyte
3 months ago#15
BC benefits vary by game but generally speaking they lock whatever their target framerate is. For many people that's more than enough reason to have one. Additionally, nearly all games with dynamic resolutions lock their max resolution.

But if you only want to play PS5 games, then yeah, probably not worth your time unless you're a hardcore Soulsborne player.
"What's your sign? Cancer? Well isn't that a happy coincidence," Said the insensitive oncologist to the patient.

User Info: RandomUltra

RandomUltra
3 months ago#16
I know there is no point in buying the PS5 this early but since I will buy it sooner or later why not now since I had the money for it already.

I have been enjoying it daily since the 13th when I got mine and I have a PS4 pro with a 2TB SSD drive as a back up just in case
PC:i9 9900K/z390 Taichi Ultimate/MSI RTX 2080 TI/ 16GB Aorus RGB DDR4/Acer X34A UW/Oculus Rift// XB1s// PS4// PS4 PRO// PSVR// PS VITA// N3DS// Wii U// NSwitch

User Info: Mountainface

Mountainface
3 months ago#17
My point is that all games, especially first party games 100% should have updates.

Considerint the current collection of games is weak.

I feel they marketed the boost aspect but arent actually offering any way to utilize it.

Glad you love your ps5, I love mine too, I just feel it's a missed opportunity for content.
Casual gamer aaf.

User Info: adonfraz

adonfraz
3 months ago#18
You could sell it.

The PS5 is in extremely high demand.

XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
Nintendo Switch FC: 1019-0711-8232

User Info: DizzyKronic

DizzyKronic
3 months ago#19
gohan100 posted...
I mean it would likely make 2× what he spent. A used PS5 will likely still sell for 1k easily at this point.

There’s lots of new ones going for $800ish on eBay.

User Info: fullofwin

fullofwin
3 months ago#20
Iceborne is great on PS5 compared to my launch PS4, it's all I really play so I'm quite happy, also Sony made it painless to get a PS5 so I figured why not, would have gotten one eventually anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Regretting my early ps5 purchase
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A