• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Regretting my early ps5 purchase

User Info: Mountainface

Mountainface
2 months ago#1
I knew there werent really any games out yet, which was fine, because I was under the impression the most popular ps4 games would benefit from ps5 upgrades. Like sony told us. Truth is, the most popular ps4 games barely benefit at all from ps5 as no patches have been released.

Feeling a little bummed about it.

For those who dont have one yet - trust me theres no real reason to yet.
Casual gamer aaf.

User Info: Iron_Legion27

Iron_Legion27
2 months ago#2
Mountainface posted...
I knew there werent really any games out yet, which was fine, because I was under the impression the most popular ps4 games would benefit from ps5 upgrades. Like sony told us. Truth is, the most popular ps4 games barely benefit at all from ps5 as no patches have been released.

Feeling a little bummed about it.

For those who dont have one yet - trust me theres no real reason to yet.

There is no real reason for the Xbox Series X either.

PSN ID- Archlight_NinjaX
Nintendo Switch FC- SW-1566-2060-4533

User Info: Indrasarrow123

Indrasarrow123
2 months ago#3
Feel the same way but for different reasons that have nothing to do with BC like TC. But yea you guys can definitely wait especially all those idiots that are overpaying for it on eBay.

User Info: lolesports1979

lolesports1979
2 months ago#4
i honestly would say cash in now you probably will make a small profit if you're sensible

go back and buy it again in a couple of years when the games are better and plentyful

blood is thick but syrup is thicker, think about it

User Info: Iron_Legion27

Iron_Legion27
2 months ago#5
I am very happy with my purchase
PSN ID- Archlight_NinjaX
Nintendo Switch FC- SW-1566-2060-4533

User Info: Porunga

Porunga
2 months ago#6
Hm, every PS4 game I’ve played so far has had a noticeable improvement, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Either I have lower expectations than you do, or your expectations are unrealistic.
"Don't weep for the stupid, you'll be crying all day"

User Info: Mountainface

Mountainface
2 months ago#7
Porunga posted...
Hm, every PS4 game I’ve played so far has had a noticeable improvement, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Either I have lower expectations than you do, or your expectations are unrealistic.
Man name the game and the improvement, seriously.

No they have not because 99.9% of the time the framerate is capped on the software level.
Casual gamer aaf.

User Info: gohan100

gohan100
2 months ago#8
I love mine. Everything is much faster and a few games already have patches. Also I enjoy the PS5 games I got and Ratchet is likely out in 3 months.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/eb/17/fbeb171a4ea4bb2c79043d9a4d971c96.jpg

User Info: Gwynbleidds

Gwynbleidds
2 months ago#9
You should be grateful. Many, many people do not have the luxury of owning or playing on a PS5 right now.

If you don't want yours, I'll gladly take it.

User Info: Indrasarrow123

Indrasarrow123
2 months ago#10
Mountainface posted...
Man name the game and the improvement, seriously.

No they have not because 99.9% of the time the framerate is capped on the software level.

pretty sure ghost and days gone are both 4K/60fps
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 5
  3. Regretting my early ps5 purchase
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A