• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guilty Gear
  3. Can't unlock Baiken...

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
2 years ago#1
I've read that in order to unlock Baiken in the original GG, you need to beat arcade mode without using any continues, and you need to do it with either Sol or Ky.

Okay.

That's all fine and dandy, but HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHEN THESE a******S KEEP PULLING OUT RANDOM INSTANT KILLS FROM f***ING NOWHERE!!???

It's driving me insane! One time I made it to Justice -- ONE TIME without losing, then that bastard spams out laser after f***ing laser until I'm dead.

I know I can just play AC+R that's also out on Switch, but I'd really like to unlock her on the original. It sounds dumb, but I want to prove to myself I can do it.

Any help?
Official Bayonetta of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
Proud MK11 Switch fighter!

User Info: Stray_Zero

Stray_Zero
2 years ago#2
Well, for starters, just perform the Instant Kill move in the first four stages/opponents, after that, the difficulty will be adaptive that they'll avoid IK's and you'll have to play both offensive and defensively.

Either way, use Sol, you'll have to use his charged Lv.3 Volcanic Vipers and/or Dragon Install into Vx2, and if on the edge, Tyrant Rave. (However, don't go into Dragon Install when Justice's health is in the yellow, considering you and your opponent has infinite overdrive moves. Unless you're really sure you can KO Justice with DI Vx2. Cause once the words "Limit" appears, you're get dizzy and screwed while Justice can Gamma Ray without impunity.)

Other than that, here's me going on a quickie for Justice against Sol, which might help you out a bit, and go on the offensive. As soon as you reach Baiken, if you have made it so far, you can continue as much as you want and just beat Baiken, and then you'll unlock her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79BHdYoVlqo
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - Online Handle: NeoStrayCat

User Info: ShinRyo

ShinRyo
2 years ago#3
OP I feel you. I managed to do it ~15 years ago on the PS but now it seems impossible to me. Maybe it's the Pro Controller, but it's probably just me getting old ^^
XBL Gamertag: OrochiJR
PSN: OrochiJR
(edited 2 years ago)

Teddybearsolid
2 years ago#4
@Stray_Zero posted...
Well, for starters, just perform the Instant Kill move in the first four stages/opponents, after that, the difficulty will be adaptive that they'll avoid IK's and you'll have to play both offensive and defensively.

Either way, use Sol, you'll have to use his charged Lv.3 Volcanic Vipers and/or Dragon Install into Vx2, and if on the edge, Tyrant Rave. (However, don't go into Dragon Install when Justice's health is in the yellow, considering you and your opponent has infinite overdrive moves. Unless you're really sure you can KO Justice with DI Vx2. Cause once the words "Limit" appears, you're get dizzy and screwed while Justice can Gamma Ray without impunity.)

Other than that, here's me going on a quickie for Justice against Sol, which might help you out a bit, and go on the offensive. As soon as you reach Baiken, if you have made it so far, you can continue as much as you want and just beat Baiken, and then you'll unlock her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79BHdYoVlqo

Thank you. I'll try to put some of this to use after work tomorrow.

I appreciate the help!

Teddybearsolid
2 years ago#5
@ShinRyo posted...
OP I feel you. I managed to do it ~15 years ago on the PS but now it seems impossible to me. Maybe it's the Pro Controller, but it's probably just me getting old ^^

I kinda feel that way, too. I think I perform better with the normal Joycon, honestly.

User Info: ShinRyo

ShinRyo
2 years ago#6
Teddybearsolid posted...
@ShinRyo posted...

I kinda feel that way, too. I think I perform better with the normal Joycon, honestly.

I tried again yesterday after getting an adapter for my Hori PS4 arcade stick. Everything went great until I got to opponent 9 (Ky), and he beat me after a hard fought match. So frustrating. :/ I think I will just stick to Accent Core instead ;D

The thought of running through the game again and again as only two characters looking for that perfect run doesn't look as appealing to me as it used to. Back then I had the time to try, but now I will probably just play something else.
XBL Gamertag: OrochiJR
PSN: OrochiJR

User Info: FlashBoomerang

FlashBoomerang
2 years ago#7
A pro control will help a lot. With one, probably you will sufer only in testament, but yet can pas this fight with some effort. The real problem is Justice., where you will need avoid some moves, or can easily lose the fight.. Stay close is the beter option and use well combos and air juggles.Try not do risky moves.

User Info: Zendreon

Zendreon
1 year ago#8
Ky actually has a infinite combo that works on Justice. I did it was a kid and got double perfect before I found out what a camera was. It should be Close S, 2HS, Needle Spike. Rinse and repeat.

As for Sol, if you get in yellow health, you can stack DIs before limit/dizzy kicks in. So just DI after two lvl 3 VIs.

Teddybearsolid
1 year ago#9
Oops! Forgot to take this down.

I finally managed to win back a month ago.

Thank you all for your help!
"Swooping is baaad."
  1. Boards
  2. Guilty Gear
  3. Can't unlock Baiken...
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A