• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Predator: Hunting Grounds
  3. How do you track players down as the Predator effectively?

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
5 months ago#1
Hi, I just started this game. I’m struggling with the predator, I got his controls down pretty good but I’m having a lot of trouble finding the Commandos (other players). I understand they can mud up and avoid thermal vision, but I just generally find it hard to find them and when I do find them I quickly lose track of them. Any tips or advice from veteran players?

The game is really fun, I don’t understand why it has such low ratings. This game is f***ing sweet, I just gotta improve with the predator lol
The one and only true Dante
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: shads3055

shads3055
4 months ago#2
I’m loving this game also. Abd hope it stays around fir a long time

Vamp_Wraith
4 months ago#3
Me too man, it’s a great game. Just goes to show critic ratings literally mean nothing. It’s all about personal enjoyment, not what others say about something.

My only two gripes with the game are the long predator wait times and the unlockables which are behind a paywall of DLC, it’s too bad that stuff can’t be rewarded through playing regularly. Nonetheless it’s a great game, playing the fireteam with friends is awesome and so is going solo as the Pred.

It would be great if they could add a city map and get some Predator 2 style gameplay going, unlocking Danny Glover’s character would also be awesome.

Im also looking forward to the Alien: Fireteam game this summer, seems like it’ll be similar to this.

Vamp_Wraith
4 months ago#4
Also, on topic: I got a bit better at tracking players with the predator. My tips for new players:

a) get into a high vantage point. You can find the enemy team and survey the area well from within the trees and you will have good mobility up there

b) the infra-red vision is very useful for tracking the fireteam, but remember they can mud up so you won’t be able to see them. The vision also muffles sound such as gunfire and explosions so you will need to turn it off to track the sounds direction. Also if you are close the infra red vision will allow you to track the fireteam if you are close enough and keep them in your sights.

User Info: Juri-Han

Juri-Han
4 months ago#5
I played the game during release and I was kinda Predator player only kinda suck now but! Basically wherever you spawn the fireteam will spawn opposite of you so run straight they are on the other side of the map.

From there use your thermal and look for blimps which can be created by gun fire from there look at the ground because even if they are mud covered they'll leave a trail that you can follow and yes high ground helps too.

Vamp_Wraith
3 months ago#6
Thanks for the tips, I will try use them next time I play

User Info: Ryphis_Demeanor

Ryphis_Demeanor
2 weeks ago#7
Vamp_Wraith posted...
Me too man, it’s a great game. Just goes to show critic ratings literally mean nothing. It’s all about personal enjoyment, not what others say about something.

My only two gripes with the game are the long predator wait times and the unlockables which are behind a paywall of DLC, it’s too bad that stuff can’t be rewarded through playing regularly. Nonetheless it’s a great game, playing the fireteam with friends is awesome and so is going solo as the Pred.

It would be great if they could add a city map and get some Predator 2 style gameplay going, unlocking Danny Glover’s character would also be awesome.

Im also looking forward to the Alien: Fireteam game this summer, seems like it’ll be similar to this.

I'd love a City map that would be insane. I mean they could just do solo matches of Danny vs. The Predator in that apartment building/sewer system and it would be golden.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
1 day ago#8
Hey TC i am wondering if you know or found out about the "target isolation" scan?

the tutorial doesn't cover it, the game tells you about it in the extra menu under Predator gameplay and the text when using thermal vision is a touch smaller that i hadn't noticed for 50+ levels just kinda meandered till i found the squad did okay but recently i started really having a hard time finding them

the isolation displays the fireteam as a big red circle also really helpful is small white circles are boars

Vamp_Wraith
16 hours ago#9
@lenmutt Are you referring to how when you have thermal vision on and see a player it marks them? If not, I’m not sure what you mean.

User Info: lenmutt

lenmutt
15 hours ago#10
Vamp_Wraith posted...
@lenmutt Are you referring to how when you have thermal vision on and see a player it marks them? If not, I’m not sure what you mean.

when your turn on thermal vision you can press right on d-pad to activate target isolation
  1. Boards
  2. Predator: Hunting Grounds
  3. How do you track players down as the Predator effectively?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A