• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. Ok real talk. What's the verdict on this game?

User Info: layzahr1

layzahr1
4 weeks ago#11
BP is a fun game. Plain and simple. It is far more tactical han many on this board give it credit for. However I still feel like Im playing the beta. Poor transitional animation when traversing terrains, and persistent bugs still plague the game. Hopefully this is remedied with the upcoming patch.

User Info: SkunkyApe

SkunkyApe
4 weeks ago#12
It's a lot of fun and that's really all that matters when it comes to a video game. Loved Wildlands and I love this even more.
Political correctness and the entitlement culture has destroyed this once great nation.

User Info: Rings

Rings
4 weeks ago#13
layzahr1 posted...
BP is a fun game. Plain and simple. It is far more tactical han many on this board give it credit for. However I still feel like Im playing the beta. Poor transitional animation when traversing terrains, and persistent bugs still plague the game. Hopefully this is remedied with the upcoming patch.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the game.

I’m really enjoying it. That being said, the bugs and glitches are unacceptable. There is no option for drone inversion, and the helicopter inversion is broken af. Kinda makes it hard to do helicopter focused missions.

Hopefully the patches keeps rolling out.
Intel Pentium 166 MHz, 32mb RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro, 500mb HDD, 15" Colour Monitor, Windows 98

User Info: jeremy_w24

jeremy_w24
4 weeks ago#14
There are ways around the drone inversion and helicopter controls as well. You need to use the detailed customize controls. Also most of the "game breaking" bugs are not game breaking in any way and very much in line with other open world games of this size. Not saying it isn't an issue, but the priority of things need to be addressed and I'd rather have more content if I had to choose.

Bottom line if it looks good to you from watching someone else play, then it will be. There are no secrets here, it is exactly what it looks like when you watch it for like 30 minutes. I think there was a very unfair analysis going around at launch especially from youtube reviewers who jumped on the microtransaction rage so they looked for any nitpick they could find to justify a 15 minute video.
Check out my twitch and learn gaming together! www.twitch.tv/erathizzle

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
4 weeks ago#15
At its heart its more of wildlands; you really can't go wrong with a co-op team in an open world.
Everything else is a solid WTF
For your hilarity and good gaming needs
mixer.com/mrlegend

User Info: KDogg1800

KDogg1800
4 weeks ago#16
Bco235 posted...
Simple straight answer from a fan of wildlands. No this game is not worth the buy not even a rental. I have tried multiple times with people and alone to play and enjoy this I cant last not even half an hour b4 I turn it off. I whent back to wild lands and felt more fun in the first 5 minutes then i have with this game. This game needs to be taken out back and shot like old yellow.

This is exactly how I feel about this game. I was a big fan of Wildlands but this? Nope...I just can't get into it. Personally I wish they left the Division-like crap out of the game. I ended up going back to Borderlands 3 and am really regretting getting this.
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: sony_vaio

sony_vaio
4 weeks ago#17
Played a few more hours and seriously I don’t get all the hate for this game. It’s solid.

User Info: bradley453

bradley453
4 weeks ago#18
sony_vaio posted...
Played a few more hours and seriously I don’t get all the hate for this game. It’s solid.
I've enjoyed it since I bought it. The problems people say it has are not as bad as they're saying. I think they expected a perfect game and complained when it wasn't. Showed trailers to my brother and he bought it while I was on vacation, he thinks it's great, 4 of my buddies have it and they think it's great too. Convinced my dad to buy it as he likes these military games, he loves it too. Everyone that has the game, loves it. It's why I don't listen to reviews, if you play it and like it, who cares about the crybabies.
PSN: Saintz420 Playing: Ghost Recon Breakpoint, CoD:Modern Warfare, Black Ops 4, R6:Siege, Attack on Titan 2.

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#19
bradley453 posted...
I've enjoyed it since I bought it. The problems people say it has are not as bad as they're saying. I think they expected a perfect game and complained when it wasn't. Showed trailers to my brother and he bought it while I was on vacation, he thinks it's great, 4 of my buddies have it and they think it's great too. Convinced my dad to buy it as he likes these military games, he loves it too. Everyone that has the game, loves it. It's why I don't listen to reviews, if you play it and like it, who cares about the crybabies.
Because it's a $60 game AAA game with a $40 season pass that is BLATANTLY unfinished, unpolished, and riddled with glitches, some game breaking like the one that prevents you from using items in a PvP match making it impossible to heal or use a drone.

The ONLY good thing about the game is the core gameplay.

Anyone who thinks the game is even close to "great" lacks the skills to critically analyze this "product" for what it is... an unfinished shell to support micro-transactions trying to hide behind good core gameplay despite everything SURROUNDING the core gameplay being buggy or broken.

Hell we still have an issue with helicopter spawns in this game and that NEVER even got fixed in the last one, and there's almost certainly less places for a vehicle to spawn in Breakpoint compared to Wildlands.

Again is the game able to be enjoyed? Yes, but it's objectively not great, not even close, it's literally not even a complete product in it's current state and the last patch added as many problems as it "fixed".
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: sony_vaio

sony_vaio
4 weeks ago#20
bradley453 posted...
sony_vaio posted...

Yeah man I agree
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. Ok real talk. What's the verdict on this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers