• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. Ok real talk. What's the verdict on this game?

User Info: sony_vaio

sony_vaio
4 weeks ago#1
I’ve watched videos. I’ve read reviews. I’ve watched streams. And it looks fun as hell to me. I’ve been on the fence for weeks. Is it worth a buy?

User Info: Ninja_Gaignun

Ninja_Gaignun
4 weeks ago#2
Ya know those candy dots that come on a piece of paper?

Its like that but the paper is sand paper.

Sure when it's good it's good, but under it all is a constant reminder that the game is unfinished and unpolished.
Flight is Might!

User Info: semiconscious

semiconscious
4 weeks ago#3
playing this game solo is basically just like playing metal gear solid 5. with the understanding that the mechanics & the ai are inferior, but the environment & the story are superior...

User Info: johnnycigar

johnnycigar
4 weeks ago#4
Lots of issues, not polished at all. Yet somehow fun as hell, borderline addictive.
"I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me all the time!" - JohnnyCigar

sony_vaio
4 weeks ago#5
Thanks everyone. Bought it tonight and it’s currently downloading. I’ll play it tomorrow.

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#6
semiconscious posted...
playing this game solo is basically just like playing metal gear solid 5. with the understanding that the mechanics & the ai are inferior, but the environment & the story are superior...
This except the story is worse. If MGSV took Afghanistan and Africa and swapped them with Aurora and Bolivia and then finished the story, had Future Soldiers(or preferably Tarkov's) customization and increased the enemy count across the board MGSV might just be my favorite game of all time.

If you ignore the bugs, predatory micro-transactions, loot system, lack of polish, and the fact this last update added as many bugs as it fixed... and only look and enjoy the core gameplay... the game is fun. There's TONS of potential here, but it's not there yet. The game has more cons than pros but with a team of friends and some beers any game is a blast, and the stealth and gunplay in the game IS really freaking solid when it's not bugging.

Bottom line is the game FUN? Yes, yes it's fun, everything build AROUND the gameplay is what is disappointing.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

sony_vaio
4 weeks ago#7
EmoBanger69 posted...
semiconscious posted...
This except the story is worse. If MGSV took Afghanistan and Africa and swapped them with Aurora and Bolivia and then finished the story, had Future Soldiers(or preferably Tarkov's) customization and increased the enemy count across the board MGSV might just be my favorite game of all time.

If you ignore the bugs, predatory micro-transactions, loot system, lack of polish, and the fact this last update added as many bugs as it fixed... and only look and enjoy the core gameplay... the game is fun. There's TONS of potential here, but it's not there yet. The game has more cons than pros but with a team of friends and some beers any game is a blast, and the stealth and gunplay in the game IS really freaking solid when it's not bugging.

Bottom line is the game FUN? Yes, yes it's fun, everything build AROUND the gameplay is what is disappointing.

Played an hour before getting ready for work this morning. So far I’m impressed. The gunplay is excellent. Love killing enemies. The open world looks great on my PS4 Pro.

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
4 weeks ago#8
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Ya know those candy dots that come on a piece of paper?

Its like that but the paper is sand paper.

Sure when it's good it's good, but under it all is a constant reminder that the game is unfinished and unpolished.
This is perfect.

I was going to come in here and say it's a piece of s***.
Latest Review - Control
http://wethenerdy.com/control-review/

User Info: Bco235

Bco235
4 weeks ago#9
Simple straight answer from a fan of wildlands. No this game is not worth the buy not even a rental. I have tried multiple times with people and alone to play and enjoy this I cant last not even half an hour b4 I turn it off. I whent back to wild lands and felt more fun in the first 5 minutes then i have with this game. This game needs to be taken out back and shot like old yellow.

User Info: Zelos_ToS

Zelos_ToS
4 weeks ago#10
Bco235 posted...
not even a rental. I have tried multiple times with people and alone to play and enjoy this I cant last not even half an hour b4 I turn it off.

Weird how different opinions can be. I liked Wildlands (after many patches mind you), but I'm having a lot more fun with Breakpoint.

Personally, my save says I've played for 35 hours and I've barely even touched the story. Yes, the game has problems. Yes, it could use a ton of patches. I'm still hooked on the gameplay loop though.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. Ok real talk. What's the verdict on this game?
  • Post New Message