• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Stanimal032

Stanimal032
1 month ago#1
Pre-ordered the gold edition. I was so looking forward to this game.

Going to be shelving it for the time being. It's just too sloppy for me to enjoy.

Buttons freezing constantly. Having to back out of the game and losing progress to fix it. I'm sure it will be decent at some point, but I'm just disappointed that this is the direction this franchise is headed.

Gone is tactical squad play. Gone is realism. Gone is a decent story (or any story). The voice acting is worse than Wildlands which is impressive. Wildlands wasn't a "Ghost Recon" game but at least it seemed to be distinct from The Division. The Division elements (weapon leveling, player hub, etc) don't belong in a Ghost Recon game and don't even fit the narrative. Everyone crashed and was killed. Just kidding, here's 100 dudes doing jumping jacks in the underground Cosco we've created here. You want realism, you say? Well, this enemy that looks the same as other enemies is a level 40 enemy. Therefore you need a better gun. That M4 will only feel like a pea shooter to this enemy. So go get an identical gun, change out all the attachments again, re-paint it, and come back.

Adding drones so it's acceptable to have a bullet sponge enemy in what is supposed to be a realistic shooter game. A UI that might be the most convoluted mess of garbage that I've ever seen in a game.

Just not feeling it. So many bad decisions. So many things take this farther away from what I had hoped for out of this game.

Nomad's new voice is worse than the old one and even that was awful. The NPC faces are lifeless as can be. Mass Effect Andromeda bad.

It's hard for me to admit that I dropped $100 on this s***, but here we are.

I'm sure I'll jump back in later when they add back the AI squad members and get some of the bugs worked out, but it seems like they released a half-c***ed game (pun intended).
"When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice.

User Info: Saiaxs

Saiaxs
1 month ago#2
Apparently sliding down a slope fixes the button issue

Stanimal032
1 month ago#3
Saiaxs posted...
Apparently sliding down a slope fixes the button issue

I read that. Thanks. But, still. They had two betas and all this time to test the game. It's happened to me at some point every time I have played the game. Stuff like that is inexcusable when you're charging $60-$130 for your product.
"When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Zelos_ToS

Zelos_ToS
1 month ago#4
Eh. That's your prerogative. I probably should shelve it until there's a few patches, but I'm having too much fun with it.

After I'm done with it, I'll revisit it later after patches I'm sure.

User Info: TheRockSez611

TheRockSez611
1 month ago#5
Yeah, the button thing is driving me nuts, especially since other than that, I'm enjoying the game. Another weird thing, I logged on this morning and my guns had changed paint scheme, my player icon was changed. Some horrendous audio clipping during the cutscenes, and nothing is lip-synched correctly. But honestly, I'm enjoying this one far more than I did Wildlands.

Stanimal032
1 month ago#6
TheRockSez611 posted...
Yeah, the button thing is driving me nuts, especially since other than that, I'm enjoying the game. Another weird thing, I logged on this morning and my guns had changed paint scheme, my player icon was changed. Some horrendous audio clipping during the cutscenes, and nothing is lip-synched correctly. But honestly, I'm enjoying this one far more than I did Wildlands.

It's all good. Do you. I may go back to Wildlands or RDR2 for a bit until they get some of this stuff fixed up.

I paid my money so I'll find a way to enjoy it. Just need to give them some time to iron some stuff out. Rather deal with that than some of the buggy mess.

And I wish they just left your head/face gear on during cut scenes or at least gave you the option. Immersion-breaking to see my guy who wears a hat/glasses/bandanna/headset suddenly have all of that removed because he talks to someone.

User Info: 2ndAtomisk

2ndAtomisk
1 month ago#7
I think I'm probably going to shelve it until it gets some patches too. I like playing with my friends, but every time we play some frustrating glitch happens. Having to restart the game because of a broken mission is the biggest complaint I have. But I've also opened chests and gotten nothing, my quick menu sometimes doesn't work so I can't heal injuries, my character won't have guns for no reason, and more.

When it works I think it's pretty solid, but for me it's hard to look past the issues.
They say one should not speak unkindly of the dead, so I say, "Nice try." ~ Lezard Valeth
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
1 month ago#8
I haven’t had any issues. About 11hrs in.
#BanBlobboyendings

Stanimal032
1 month ago#9
2ndAtomisk posted...
I think I'm probably going to shelve it until it gets some patches too. I like playing with my friends, but every time we play some frustrating glitch happens. Having to restart the game because of a broken mission is the biggest complaint I have. But I've also opened chests and gotten nothing, my quick menu sometimes doesn't work so I can't heal injuries, my character won't have guns for no reason, and more.

When it works I think it's pretty solid, but for me it's hard to look past the issues.

Bingo. Exactly where I'm at. I think it'll be better for me to just realize that it needs some work and to come back for it later. Only going to piss myself off trying to push through when I've encountered so many bugs.

User Info: Microprosefan

Microprosefan
1 month ago#10
Ubi don't care, they have your money. even if you never play it again they don't care. thanks for the $$$
Live service has become an excuse for releasing bad games.
  • Post New Message