• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. How bad is the microtransaction?

User Info: Rings

Rings
1 month ago#81
MRL3G3ND posted...
The problem is they changed the game into a rpg to facilitate micro-transactions.
Ghost recon has no business being an rpg..they half assed it, and it just doesn't fit here...the game is coming off like The Division lite

When they made it a RPG, they introduced a grind to the gameplay.
Wherever there is grind...there will be micro-transactions to circumvent it.

Dude...I really don't know whats going on with this game, the system, or how it pertains to PvP. I forget what game I'm playing because it looks and feel a lot like Division.

You literally have no clue what you’re talking about.

Try actually playing the game instead of watching a biased YouTube video.

Intel Pentium 166 MHz, 32mb RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro, 500mb HDD, 15" Colour Monitor, Windows 98

User Info: Carpetfluff

Carpetfluff
1 month ago#82
As much as I wish they wouldn't do it they are, for me at least, just as ignorable as they were in AC Odyssey. Both games give you plenty of loot at a more than steady rate for just playing the game and it never feels like I'm just grinding for the stuff...I just get the stuff as I play. Haven't even given the real money market a look - the only thing I noticed were a few of the skins in the in game shop saying they had to be bought with coins you can only get with real cash and I have never given much of a crap about random cosmetics so I don't even register them. I guess I'm kinda an MTX implementer's worst nightmare; at best I don't care about them and at worst I actively play to get stuff without paying just to spite them.

That said...I'm also acutely aware that Ubi and others aren't targeting me. They going after more easily swayed targets and for that they should probably burn in hell.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
1 month ago#83
Rings posted...

He's not wrong though, devs made it perfectly clear in an interview that a primary factor in introducing loot was trying to get people playing every day, and loot helps make it feel like you're "progressing".

But then they also added a battle pass system and put a daily cap, again to get people to playing each day.

Breakpoint is a numbers game for Ubi. They want people playing every day to make their numbers look good and to increase exposure to the game to increase the chance of people buying micro-transactions.

They just as easily could have took the rpg s*** out, and hed unique daily missions in more varied regions and made people ay the game each day for fun alone, but no.

To be fair, it's not just breakpoint though, every game is trying to be an rpg with daily grinds to get people to play their game over another.

I miss being able to buy a complete game, beat it, and then move onto another until I feel like coming back to revisit. I replay the entire Onimusha, DMC, Souls, and MGS series once a year because they are fun games, others too but those are the ones I look forward to replayong the most. Occosionally I dip back into Dark Cloud or Okage... maybe a FF replay now and again.

But with Breakpoint I feel like once all thw content is out and I've played it all I'll just be done with it and not want to come back.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: KirbyJ1

KirbyJ1
1 month ago#84
I haven't really wasted my time on any of the microtransactions at all. You get some pretty good loot from enemies you take out.

User Info: mesmerrow

mesmerrow
4 weeks ago#85
Borderlands 3, The Division 2 or heck even Destiny 2 would be a better pick then this "game" they literally pulled every conceivable microtransaction option available and added it to this game, Breakpoint is the literal melting pot of microtransactions, to top it off the AI is so barebones that there teammates can die right beside them and all they do is silently scout an area the size of 5 steps away from the dead body and conclude that nothing happened, now try doing that in Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain and see a whole out-post go into alert mode, men maining the turrets and mortars, soldiers radioing each other and keeping one another updated as they search the whole base room by room, every knock and cranny of the whole base of operations, and even when they conclude that nothing has been found they are still on edge, looking to the right and left, being careful of patrolling too far away from the base and so on, and this was done back in 2015.
Aside from maybe the story? everything this game has to offer has been done much better elsewhere in previous game titles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s29CU5j7OA
I'll surpass my limits in my own way!

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
4 weeks ago#86
Rings posted...

LMAO
You can check my stream buddy I've been playing this almost everyday since launch

Is there anything else you'd like to present from out of your ass?
For your hilarity and good gaming needs
mixer.com/mrlegend

User Info: Rings

Rings
4 weeks ago#87
MRL3G3ND posted...
LMAO
You can check my stream buddy I've been playing this almost everyday since launch

Is there anything else you'd like to present from out of your ass?

The fact that you think this game “facilitates microtransactions” proves that you are clueless.

I’m gear score 229 and I haven’t even considered a microtransaction (most of which are cosmetic anyway).

Enjoy crying salty tears on your stream with zero viewers.

*goes back to enjoying the game*
Intel Pentium 166 MHz, 32mb RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro, 500mb HDD, 15" Colour Monitor, Windows 98
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. How bad is the microtransaction?
  • Post New Message