• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. How bad is the microtransaction?

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#71
Deathpossesion posted...
So Wildlands didnt have more items in the shop and loot boxes tact on also?
It had more items in the shop because it has been out longer, just wait.

The loot boxes refunded premium currency on duplicates letting you earn items you wanted from the store.

Bottom line you can unlock everything through gameplay.

User Info: Deathpossesion

Deathpossesion
4 weeks ago#72
EmoBanger69 posted...
It had more items in the shop because it has been out longer, just wait.

The loot boxes refunded premium currency on duplicates letting you earn items you wanted from the store.

Bottom line you can unlock everything through gameplay.
Im talking about at the start. With that known later on the game added loot boxes
Some items where also locked behind bundles only. Plus that wasnt always the case
In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.GT: Sm0oth Legacy
(edited 4 weeks ago)

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#73
Deathpossesion posted...
Im talking about at the start. With that known later on the game added loot boxes
Some items where also locked behind bundles only. Plus that wasnt always the case
Except this is a SEQUEL, not basing it's practices on what the literal last game learned and instead doing just as bad if not worse, makes it even s***tier.

Deathpossesion
4 weeks ago#74
EmoBanger69 posted...
Except this is a SEQUEL, not basing it's practices on what the literal last game learned and instead doing just as bad if not worse, makes it even s***tier.
Lol wasn't you the guy that kept saying this game was p2w? Back on tc. I wonder how you'd respond once or if they add the catch up mechanics. Also saying this means you was ok with loot boxes and the non sense that comes with it. There is 300 items in the battle crates alone and you get one item per box. Now for the off chance you either get a dup of a higher rarity or an item you want is already low. If breakpoint adds a way to get items in the shop for free by adding loot boxes then I'd be pissed just as I was displeased by the way CoD and many other games have handled loot boxes.

I don't want loot boxes at all in my games and the only game I'd give a pass on is R6 as I never once felt the need to buy a pack outside of event packs which can go to hell.
In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.GT: Sm0oth Legacy

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#75
Deathpossesion posted...
If breakpoint adds a way to get items in the shop for free by adding loot boxes then I'd be pissed just as I was displeased by the way CoD and many other games have handled loot boxes.
It'd be better than having them locked behind a paywall forever.

Deathpossesion
4 weeks ago#76
EmoBanger69 posted...
It'd be better than having them locked behind a paywall forever.
I just want you to keep that same mindset once the "catch up mechanics" release. I dont want you going back and saying those are p2w you know?

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#77
Deathpossesion posted...
I just want you to keep that same mindset once the "catch up mechanics" release. I dont want you going back and saying those are p2w you know?
Those literally aren't the same thing.

Deathpossesion
4 weeks ago#78
EmoBanger69 posted...
Those literally aren't the same thing.
I'm just referencing your past comments on the mtx in this game.

EmoBanger69
4 weeks ago#79
Deathpossesion posted...
I'm just referencing your past comments on the mtx in this game.
My past comments have been Breakpoints microtrancactions are garbage, are p2w, and that Wildland's was better because you can at least earn the items through gameplay. That has been what I said and will continue to be what I say.

You referenced nothing.

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
4 weeks ago#80
The problem is they changed the game into a rpg to facilitate micro-transactions.
Ghost recon has no business being an rpg..they half assed it, and it just doesn't fit here...the game is coming off like The Division lite

When they made it a RPG, they introduced a grind to the gameplay.
Wherever there is grind...there will be micro-transactions to circumvent it.

Dude...I really don't know whats going on with this game, the system, or how it pertains to PvP. I forget what game I'm playing because it looks and feel a lot like Division.
For your hilarity and good gaming needs
mixer.com/mrlegend
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. How bad is the microtransaction?
  • Post New Message