• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. How bad is the microtransaction?

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
1 month ago#31
blood_n_gore posted...
Second, PvP? like most PvP modes, twitch speed is more important than your gear. Additionally, win? Win what? There’s nothing at stake... if there was real money or tangible prizes, I’d understand your view

Also this is just fundamentally stupid. PvP is about competition. Though there are several factors at play including skill, having one of them be who can spend more money on the game is ridiculous.

Can a normal player beat someone with p2w gear? Sure, but that doesnt change the FACT that with any two people of equal skill, the one who spent extra money on the game has an objective advantage.

It was ONLY PvE than it will wouldn't matter but P2W in PvP is am absolute freaking joke and what happened with Battlefront 2 proved that quite clearly.

P2W in a full priced game with a "competitive" multiplayer is unacceptable.
(message deleted)

User Info: Deathpossesion

Deathpossesion
1 month ago#33
EmoBanger69 posted...
Also this is just fundamentally stupid. PvP is about competition. Though there are several factors at play including skill, having one of them be who can spend more money on the game is ridiculous.

Can a normal player beat someone with p2w gear? Sure, but that doesnt change the FACT that with any two people of equal skill, the one who spent extra money on the game has an objective advantage.

It was ONLY PvE than it will wouldn't matter but P2W in PvP is am absolute freaking joke and what happened with Battlefront 2 proved that quite clearly.

P2W in a full priced game with a "competitive" multiplayer is unacceptable.
Whats p2w? You've played the game right? If so, what is in the shop that grants one player of similar skill an advantage over the other?
In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.GT: Sm0oth Legacy

User Info: BehemothBlade

BehemothBlade
1 month ago#34
Hey

What if all the stuff was microtransactions only?

Like nothing you could purchase with in game currency.

These people would still defend this right?
BehemothBlade posted...
Hey

What if all the stuff was microtransactions only?

Like nothing you could purchase with in game currency.

These people would still defend this right?

Knowing the corporate slaves that took over the gaming community, they probably would. They would defend having to pay for game installs or having to pay for time savers to install games faster or having to pay for ultra settings or loading time savers that allow areas to load faster, they would all totally defend that.
Humans are nothing more than profitable dirt for giant corporations to trample over for the almighty shareholders. Hail Corporate!

User Info: BehemothBlade

BehemothBlade
1 month ago#36
RetroMasterRace posted...
Knowing the corporate slaves that took over the gaming community, they probably would. They would defend having to pay for game installs or having to pay for time savers to install games faster or having to pay for ultra settings or loading time savers that allow areas to load faster, they would all totally defend that.

I can save you all that money.

Dont play this trash.
BehemothBlade posted...
RetroMasterRace posted...

I can save you all that money.

Dont play this trash.

Way ahead of ya.
Humans are nothing more than profitable dirt for giant corporations to trample over for the almighty shareholders. Hail Corporate!

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
1 month ago#38
Deathpossesion posted...
Whats p2w? You've played the game right? If so, what is in the shop that grants one player of similar skill an advantage over the other?

There's weapons exclusive to the store, they're 1200 coins piece, basically the same price as some bundles, and are direct upgrades to their normal in game cointerparts.

Similar to some of the guns in Wildlands, except the DLC weapons that were still available in Ghost War had seperate stats than their in game counterparts, and you could at least still earn them without having to buy them.

Breakpoint has a blatant example of P2W, and there's probably going to be plenty more examples as they release more store exclusive weapons.

How about instead of asking redunt questions you check the store yourself?

User Info: MetalGearGekko

MetalGearGekko
1 month ago#39
CaptainBones86 posted...
I don't have a problem with mtx, but I feel like games shouldn't release with this many. Anything you make or release should be part of the game, everything paid should be created post release. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

This exactly. You know they had a meeting where they went over all the items they developed and decided which ones were most desired and then charged extra for them. Give us all the content you have on release, at least for the ultimate edition, and then sell what you create after release.
Gekko- Cost 12
ATK: 200 to a 5x5 area in front.

User Info: Leon_S_Kennedy

Leon_S_Kennedy
1 month ago#40
People choose the wrong targets and instead of getting worked up about far worse things like GTA Online and Red Dead Online because “Rockstar does no wrong.” They choose to Target GR which isn’t that bad. Yeah they are taking it more over board this time around than Wildlands with making most of the items behind the microtransactions but it’s nothing you will end up wanting or buying. The only thing I bought from them was the tattoo that sorta not exactly matched my tattoo from Wildlands. Which was a bit of a disappointment I had to even do. But judging with how much content and stuff they did with Wildlands with the Sam Fisher, RB6, and Predator missions and all the stuff they tried to do to keep that game kicking for 3 years I decided 5 bucks additional wasn’t really gonna annoy me hoping that they improve on this game just as much with free updates.

But again most of the stuff in the shop you can do without as it’s all Cosmetics. They will probably over time have some Icon sets from other Ubisoft games and such eventually that they will want you to buy like they did with the RB6 operators in Wildlands but nothing is forcing you to get the items needed to play the game. But I really should have seen them trying to take advantage after Wildlands implemented their store and had some cool stuff except with Wildlands you already had a lot of stuff in the game to unlock here they are making you buy more than you unlock.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
  3. How bad is the microtransaction?
  • Post New Message