This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Is god a coward? Why does god fear to show himself?

User Info: GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#1
Is god a coward? Why does god fear to show himself?

Our gods do not speak to us. Ever wonder why not?

God cannot even speak or reproduce without a human female and is definitely not an all-powerful being.

To be relevant to theist, god must be real. The only way to date that that reality can be confirmed is contact at the consciousness level, yet those who claim that never offer anything worth listening to.

Billions now seek that mental touch daily; yet all go wanting. All while those who lie about god, all the preachers who preach of a supernatural god, get the cash from their sheeple.

If gods are the cowards they seem to be, as they remain absent, never showing their supernatural presence, or even communicating with us, --- then why call those cowards gods.

Why do we create or even acknowledge such cowardly absentee and inferior demiurge gods?

Cowardly, silent absentee gods are not worthy gods. They are useless to us.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

User Info: JaeredMack

JaeredMack
1 month ago#2
No, I don't agree with the premise of this topic.
Sanders '20 | the 1% is comfortable enough.
Founder, GameFAQs Inclusivity+ Initiative 2019 - Promoting Equality and Unity for Everyone

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
1 month ago#3
In namen....

...des herren.....

ZEIG DICH!

(In the name of the lord, SHOW YOURSELF)

https://youtu.be/e6eIZl9dbYk

Sorry I just can't help posting relevant rammstein links as this song is basically about the same thing as this topic lol.

Honestly the skeptic side of me would say it's because the whole thing is a scam and that deity likely doesn't exist.

However as someone undergoing existential crap I will say if a deity does exist it likely is nothing like what we tend to associate with their existence and is far more mysterious and hard to nail down. They may be incapable (inferior), not care, etc. Regardless of whether a deity exists I'll say that the underlying assumptions of the Christian/religious worldview are likely wrong.

Like really considering how a skeptical perspective is the most reasonable evidence based perspective with most valid views toward the contrary relying on anecdotal experience it's best to just say that those religions are likely wrong.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 1060 SC 6 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1920x1080/1600x900 |
Huawei Mediapad M3

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#4
JaeredMack posted...

You see god reproducing. Ok.

Nice apology. You win this debate.

I love it when theist bring ridicule to their own religion.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#5
JonWood007 posted...
it's best to just say that those religions are likely wrong.

That is the realistic view.

Regards
DL

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 month ago#6
Maybe we're just irrelevant. We don't waste a lot of time worrying about the existential crises of ants. Maybe they're super emo down there, all oppressed by the queen and s***, and we're up here like, "f*** off, ants."
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: TheGrowlanser

TheGrowlanser
4 weeks ago#9
So much ignorance, this is just sad.
You never fight against justice.

User Info: Vikingar

Vikingar
4 weeks ago#10
JaeredMack posted...
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Is god a coward? Why does god fear to show himself?
  • Post New Message