This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How much have you refined your most recent religious perspective since you

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#1
found it?

I've been an atheist for 11 years or so. I used to be a hardass about it, then I softened up, and now I'm kind of in-between now, but I do try to be genuine.

Your turn. go go go 1 2 3 xD
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 month ago#2
Things I've moved away from:

- End times (though I still believe that "end times" symbols are important for our times)
- Support of Israel
- Blood atonement (though I still believe in the imagery used by the apostles, and that we are saved by the blood)

Things I've moved towards:

- Jesus as 2nd Adam
- Emphasis on shared brokenness of humanity
- Saving this world (although I believe in Heaven, I don't think it's nearly as much a focal point as modern Christianity believes)

=============

There are more, but these are a few.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: the_hedonist

the_hedonist
1 month ago#3
I’ve believed in Christianity for as long as I can remember. Gone through a lot of changes over the years. The biggest thing that has changed over the years is that my core convictions have grown stronger, but I’ve become more ‘agnostic’ on secondary issues.

I was raised in a way that was relatively antagonistic towards all things Catholic. So I was pretty anti-sacramental. While my theology of sacraments hasn’t changed significantly, I do now believe they are much more important than I once believed. I’m also more understanding of some aspects of Mariology, praying to the saints, and liturgical worship.

I didn’t know what the spiritual gifts were for a long time. Now I believe they are around today, although perhaps they are more frequent when the gospel is being brought to an I reached area. So I’m not a hardcore charismatic, but I’m certainly in that camp.

I was raised in a traditional freewill Baptist church, which basically means that I was Arminian, although I believed in “once saved, always saved.” In my college years I became convinced of Calvinism. And now I’ve dropped both Calvinism and “once saved, always saved.”

I was a pretty strict creationist in my high school years. I don’t recall when it happened, but over the years, my position softened. Now I consider myself agnostic on the issue, although I lean towards some form of theistic evolutionism.
'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word.
Just to rest upon his promise, just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
1 month ago#4
LinkFanatic posted...
found it?

I've been an atheist for 11 years or so. I used to be a hardass about it, then I softened up, and now I'm kind of in-between now, but I do try to be genuine.

Constantly. Like you, I've been an atheist for over a decade. I was kind of a hardass about, in that I was very resolute in my beliefs, but I generally avoided getting into arguments with anyone about it and would simply leave the room if people started discussing religion.

I've been softening up, though. I don't believe in the Abrahamic God and likely never will again. I don't really believe in any kind of conscious deity, at least not any that have a personal relationship with us, but I'm starting to question whether there isn't some kind of higher power or higher plane of existence, or at the very least some kind of purpose to all this.

Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
1 month ago#5
OzymandiasIV posted...
LinkFanatic posted...
found it?

Constantly. Like you, I've been an atheist for over a decade. I was kind of a hardass about, in that I was very resolute in my beliefs, but I generally avoided getting into arguments with anyone about it and would simply leave the room if people started discussing religion.

I've been softening up, though. I don't believe in the Abrahamic God and likely never will again. I don't really believe in any kind of conscious deity, at least not any that have a personal relationship with us, but I'm starting to question whether there isn't some kind of higher power or higher plane of existence, or at the very least some kind of purpose to all this.

All of the evidence supports the conclusion that a deity exists.
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.

User Info: WelshGamer82

WelshGamer82
1 month ago#6
Please share this evidence.
Amazing Love, How can it be? That you my king would die for me.
Amazing Love, I know it's true. And it's my joy to honour you.

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#7
Who are you talking to, Welsh?
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: WelshGamer82

WelshGamer82
1 month ago#8
Obvious.

Although I've subsequently ignored and blocked him, so I've realised he can't actually see that post.
Amazing Love, How can it be? That you my king would die for me.
Amazing Love, I know it's true. And it's my joy to honour you.

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#9
You just now did that, fam?
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: altm8501

altm8501
1 month ago#10
I used to be Orthodox Christian, but it was more indoctrination from my parents than choice. Being gay wasn’t particularly fun in a church where they told us that gay people will burn in Hell. While everyone else at my church seemed comforted by Christianity, I was afraid of it. I always had doubts, but I used to be too afraid to acknowledge that deep inside I just don’t believe it. Now I consider myself an atheist, but I respect most religious people, even if I don’t respect some religious people’s opinions.
Screw your dogma, I'm a cat person.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How much have you refined your most recent religious perspective since you
  • Post New Message