This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

User Info: GnosticBishop

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#1
Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

https://biblehub.com/matthew/20-28.htm
Even as the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve,

At the end of the day, there is no physical or real supernatural God for us to follow. If there were, then logic and reason say that if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.

All there can be are rules and laws that we think a God would give. Men have written up many such sets of rules while lying about being inspired by God. That is basically the moral of the Moses story with his coming off the mountain, not with a God, but with rules and laws.

Man is not slaved to his laws and rules and changes them as better ones are found. We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better.

All people accept this except for those in religions who idol worship the older barbaric Gods, whose laws are inferior to secular law. That would include the Christian and Muslim demiurges.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship. Faith is a way to quit using your, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes their mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

Regards
DL

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
1 month ago#2
No.
Islam is Chaos Control.
(message deleted)

User Info: actarus

actarus
1 month ago#4
GnosticBishop posted...
Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?

At the end of the day, there is no physical or real supernatural God for us to follow. If there were, then logic and reason say that if such a God wanted to be relevant to man, he would show up.

Is the "Son of Man" or "BenAdam" God?
Or is it the human part of Jesus that has a dual nature (human and God)?
God is a spirit (not a human) so how can a God not be supernatural?

What of kind of god do you serve if he is not physical nor supernatural.
The answer is obvious: no god at all.
If your god has not show up to be relevant to man unlike the Biblical then is your religion fake.
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
1 month ago#5
GnosticBishop = joke account
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
1 month ago#8
GnosticBishop posted...
he would show up.

Not only has he "showed up," but He continues to rule His Kingdom on Earth til the present day.

GnosticBishop posted...
Men have written up many such sets of rules while lying about being inspired by God.

Lofty claim that cannot be proved. What can be proved is the fact that I had innate awareness of God's "law" from my youth, without being knowledgeable of Moses/the bible.

GnosticBishop posted...
We, in effect, are evolving God, defined as rules and laws, and making him better.

Some of us are progressing towards a better fulfillment/display of God's image. If I cut the trees down and carve a more efficient path to the grocery store, I am not changing the location or nature of the grocery store. Likewise, as we learn to become more compassionate, honest and loving, we are becoming more like God. We are not changing God.

GnosticBishop posted...
Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship. Faith is a way to quit using your, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

Christianity disagrees. Jesus is the λογος (reason, logic, account, word) of God. To become acquainted with Christ to to become well-versed (pun intended) with God's heart and mind.

GnosticBishop posted...
Do you serve God and the laws and rules of life, or do you expect the laws, rules of life and God to serve you?

I serve God, because he is father, and I am child. As I become more like Him, I am able to better serve myself and His creation.

GnosticBishop posted...

Jesus was modeling ideal human behavior. You've proved the point that we are to serve God.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".
(edited 1 month ago)

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#9
actarus posted...
Or is it the human part of Jesus that has a dual nature (human and God)?

I have heard of that dual nature. They say 100% man and 100% god.

I call that stupid math and ridiculous.

God is a spirit (not a human) so how can a God not be supernatural?

How do you know for a fact that god is in the first place?
What is spirit and what is supernatural?

What of kind of god do you serve if he is not physical nor supernatural.

I do not serve god. My god serves me.

The issue was on who serves who, which might have had an end game for us but instead, you chose to talk of his existence which has no end game unless you wish to produce god.

If you wish to get on topic then lets do so.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
1 month ago#10
YHWH_Saves posted...
Not only has he "showed up," but He continues to rule His Kingdom on Earth til the present day.

Scriptures say Satan is our ruler in your bible but I know you have not read it.

YHWH_Saves posted...
What can be proved is the fact that I had innate awareness of God's "law" from my youth, without being knowledgeable of Moses/the bible.

Lofty claim that cannot be proved.

YHWH_Saves posted...
We are not changing God.

You are not living by his laws, thank god as they are garbage, so you are changing god by pissing him off.

See. If you can state a think about god without any kind of evidence, so can I.
My claim is as valid as your plus has logic and reason while you have nothing.

YHWH_Saves posted...
I serve God,

Even though Jesus/god definitely said that he wanted to serve you.

Your service is denying Jesus what he wants. You are not even a good friend to him.

YHWH_Saves posted...
Jesus was modeling ideal human behavior.

So him talking of his service is modeling ours.

Your own ideology warns against yuopu saying things that bring ridicule to your religion, and here you are saying all kinds of things that bring ridicule.

What a fake Christian you are.

Regards
DL
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do logic and reason say that God is our servant?
  • Post New Message