This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do you believe in reincarnation?

User Info: Thanos_Galactus

Thanos_Galactus
3 months ago#1
Do you believe in reincarnation? - Results (43 votes)
yes
23.26% (10 votes)
no
76.74% (33 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
do you?

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
3 months ago#2
Reincarnation is false, and, is against the Bible's teachings
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
3 months ago#3
Weird random, [true] thing that happened to me.

I had never heard of the Christian belief in reincarnation, or any of the surrounding conspiracies.

But when I first started learning Greek, I had a dream in which the following happened:

1) A tall man jumped in front of me and yelled at the top of his lungs, "REINCARNATION!"

2) The sky flashed with the text, "ΜΑTΘΑΙΟΝ 1111111111."

========

I woke up and started looking into this verse, and behold!

There is apparently a conspiracy that states that Jesus endorsed reincarnation based off of Matthew 11:11's comment about John the Baptist coming in the spirit of Elijah.

How bizarre is that?!
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: LunaticCritic

LunaticCritic
3 months ago#4
It's an interesting alternative to the First Mover idea, but nothing more.
The user formerly known as crazygamer999.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension

User Info: LinkFanatic

LinkFanatic
3 months ago#5
No.
Islam is Chaos Control.

User Info: darklao

darklao
3 months ago#6
Reincarnation: Human caterpillar of the spirit.

User Info: Thomasina

Thomasina
3 months ago#7
No, I do not.
"I'll leave when you're dead", "do you think you'll ever stop breathing?" - death threats I've received on this site.

User Info: PurpleLizard

PurpleLizard
2 months ago#8
YHWH_Saves posted...
There is apparently a conspiracy that states that Jesus endorsed reincarnation based off of Matthew 11:11's comment about John the Baptist coming in the spirit of Elijah.

How bizarre is that?!

"Conspiracy" doesn't mean what you think it means, but that's not that bizarre. Reincarnation was a popular belief among ancient Jews, and appears in the Talmud. Even in 1800s Russia, there were Rabbinic discussions on people being reincarnated as horses as punishment for past sins, and even prophets/holy men being taken from their place in the afterlife and reborn as a different person on Earth to fulfill another mission.

Elijah was assumed into Heaven alive and is meant to return before the coming of the Messiah, which is why Luke associates Elijah with John the Baptist (an association which John himself denies). The connection is flimsy either way, since it was generally believed that Elijah, never having died, would simply return as himself rather than be reincarnated as another personality. The second coming of Elijah, of course, is the basis for similar claims regarding Jesus.
1994-0244-1993

User Info: Dorfl_2

Dorfl_2
1 month ago#9
Always be careful of the risks of taking one (loosely interpreted) verse of the Bible and holding it up as a standard against the whole, wider body of clearly revealed truth. The Bible speaks extensively and explicitly of death, judgment and resurrection but never of reincarnation.
I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. (Psalm 16:8)

User Info: Trips__Monkey

Trips__Monkey
1 month ago#10
A fly was harassing me yesterday. Then I thought about what it would be like to be reincarnated as a fly.
http://i.imgur.com/QcjLICH.jpg
Pro Life Party - in memory of YokoGeri
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Do you believe in reincarnation?
  • Post New Message