2 months ago #7
I'm not endorsing the idea that God "allows" for evil to exist, but I wanted to chime in on Coyote's argument that "omni-everything" God would wipe out evil.

The problem with this is that what we call "evil" is largely perpetuated by willing human participants. To wipe out evil is to destroy human beings, and Jesus has made it expressly known that God is in the business of salvaging human beings, not destroying them.

=========

Again, I raise the analogy of the child-parent relationship.

Assume your child is the one who is causing chaos at home/school. When it is your own "creation" that perpetuates theft, infidelity, lying, and other injustices, do you - being able (you are stronger/bigger than your child) - kill your child?

How does wipe out human evil without destroying them with violence?

(The Christian answer to this is that God rescued humanity from nonexistence by making Himself known through Jesus, Christ. Repentance/reform/REBIRTH is the only solution that works.)
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

Previous Versions
2 months ago
I'm not endorsing the idea that God "allows" for evil to exist, but I wanted to chime in on Coyote's argument that "omni-everything" God would wipe out evil.

The problem with this is that what we call "evil" is largely perpetuated by willing human participants. To wipe out some evil is to destroy human beings, and Jesus has made it expressly known that God is in the business of salvaging human beings, not destroying them.

=========

Assume your child is the one who is causing chaos at home/school. When it is your own "creation that perpetuates theft, infidelity, lying, and other injustices, do you - being able (you are stronger/bigger than your child) - kill your child?

(The Christian answer to this is that God rescued humanity from nonexistence by making Himself known through Jesus, Christ.)
2 months ago

The problem with this is that what we call "evil" is largely perpetuated by willing human participants. To wipe out evil is to destroy human beings, and Jesus has made it expressly known that God is in the business of salvaging human beings, not destroying them.

=========

Assume your child is the one who is causing chaos at home/school. When it is your own "creation" that perpetuates theft, infidelity, lying, and other injustices, do you - being able (you are stronger/bigger than your child) - kill your child?

(The Christian answer to this is that God rescued humanity from nonexistence by making Himself known through Jesus, Christ.)