This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Howard Storm's Near Death Experience

User Info: DaveTheUseless

DaveTheUseless
1 month ago#1
https://youtu.be/BsYFDUSS-eI

<3

Be Blessed.
www.youtube.com/davetheuseless Creepypasta Channel.
twitter.com/davetheuseless DaveTheUseless Loves You.

User Info: Kenji_Kotaro

Kenji_Kotaro
1 month ago#2
I had an NDE a few years ago...All I really remember is hallucinating that nurses were kidnapping me and moving me around while recovering from near death. I STILL apologize to them for sincerely believing that whenever I go back to that hospital. I went as far as complaining about it in a freaked out/delusional state - “They’re gonna kidnap me again tonight! I just know it!” Propofol is a helluva drug...

Though it IS fun to answer “Did you see heaven?” With a relevant Simpsons quote: “I was in this wonderful, magical land of fire and brimstone! And these little guys in red pajamas sticking pitchforks in my butt!”
I'm an official member of the Groucho Marxist political party: The whole damn system is a joke and so are we!
Vote Rufus T Firefly 2020! Hail Hail Freedonia!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 month ago#3
I am not watching 2 hours of an old man rambling.

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
1 month ago#4
darklao posted...

Your attention span is far too low, even for this.
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.

User Info: ElizeLutus

ElizeLutus
1 month ago#5
Howard Storm is a liar seeking money and attention.

User Info: The_Numerous

The_Numerous
1 month ago#6
Kenji_Kotaro posted...
I had an NDE a few years ago...All I really remember is hallucinating that nurses were kidnapping me and moving me around while recovering from near death. I STILL apologize to them for sincerely believing that whenever I go back to that hospital. I went as far as complaining about it in a freaked out/delusional state - “They’re gonna kidnap me again tonight! I just know it!” Propofol is a helluva drug...

Though it IS fun to answer “Did you see heaven?” With a relevant Simpsons quote: “I was in this wonderful, magical land of fire and brimstone! And these little guys in red pajamas sticking pitchforks in my butt!”

Sorry to hear about your experience but replying with that Simpson quote is gold! What were the reactions?
Noblesse oblige

User Info: DaveTheUseless

DaveTheUseless
1 month ago#7
ElizeLutus posted...
Howard Storm is a liar seeking money and attention.

I doubt he's purposely lying. He's told his story consistently throughout his various writings and appearances (or, from the ones I've seen). Usually, when someone lies about these things, you can catch them on a detail and expose them--especially when they've discussed their experiences as often and for as long as he has. If you want to accuse him of not relaying what actually happened, you'd be better off suggesting that he has a psychological issue concerning hallucinations/delusions.

If he is seeking money, he isn't going about it the way he should. He's donated much of his time and money and hasn't exploited his experience the way that he could to maximize profits (he's been on TV--but he's also given free YouTube interviews, and talked to many people in-person about his experiences free of any sort of charge). He also left behind a tenured position as a department head at a university. Having recently read his most popular book, it isn't written like someone with a pure profit motive--he makes it abundantly clear how difficult his experience was (it's really far from nothing-but-a-good-time), and how challenging it is to live a righteous life. It isn't exactly Joel Osteen.

As for the attention hypothesis, hey, he's been on some popular TV shows, so who knows. I will say that if I was an attention seeker of that sort, I would be tempted to embellish the details at least once or twice to up audience applause, and as far as I can tell he hasn't. It's fascinating to go from someone who never would have wanted attention from this sort of audience to constantly craving it, though.

Believing or unbelieving, if it was me, I wouldn't slander the guy unless I had something to run with other than not believing that these experiences happen. My advice is to stick to the 'he was very sick and his brain was playing tricks on him, plus he may have a psychological issue' hypothesis, if you must.
www.youtube.com/davetheuseless Creepypasta Channel.
twitter.com/davetheuseless DaveTheUseless Loves You.

darklao
1 month ago#8
PokemonExpert44 posted...
darklao posted...

Nah I looked him up on Wikipedia. You don’t need a two hour video to relate his story. It’s standard NDE type stuff. Nothing interesting there.

User Info: PokemonExpert44

PokemonExpert44
1 month ago#9
darklao posted...
PokemonExpert44 posted...
darklao posted...

Nah I looked him up on Wikipedia. You don’t need a two hour video to relate his story. It’s standard NDE type stuff. Nothing interesting there.

NDE's are very interesting, yes.

Also, why not watch the entire video?
I might just 6-0 you in Pokemon. Watch out for my awesome teams.

darklao
1 month ago#10
Are we seriously discussing spending two hours watching something that takes fifteen seconds of reading to relate?

I mean, did it win an Oscar? Because otherwise ain't nobody got time for that.
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Howard Storm's Near Death Experience